PDA

View Full Version : EZ4 can write

wraggster
November 18th, 2006, 00:07
News from Cory1492 (http://nds.cmamod.com/2006/11/12/ez4-can-write/)

It is with much sadness that I bump down the post below this. It was a tough choice and I have put it off for a few days now.

This is what I had originally hoped to have ready to open the blog with, something else besides putting up this blog that I was working on in my spare time while my father was sleeping here at home.

EZ4 can now write from homebrew!

Though I spent quite alot of time on trying things with the code set out by EZ’s people, I was not the one who fixed it (though the fixed code did require a small modification to the write function). It’s still missing a few proper checks, and when my other microSD finally arrives from BambooGaming I will see what I can do to straighten everything else out.

The fixed FAT driver was actually found in Infantile Paralysiser’s Image Viewer Version 0.4. I am still not sure who the credit should go to for the fix, but my thanks goes out to whomever did all that testing and isolated the problem.

Some sample code (copies a file “test.bin” to “test.cpy”) with a working version of Chishm’s FAT lib:
EZ4FATDemo-Nov-11-2006.zip
And a couple things I compiled to test it’s works out:
REIN_16_EZ4.zip (SATA’s REIN V16)
rein_16_EZ4mod_src.zip
DSO-EZ4.zip

More information and a couple of other apps rebuilt by jrobot for EZ4 can be found in this thread over at the unofficial English EZ forum.

Edit:/ just did a rebuild of picodriveDS 1.5 and current work version (1.6b - Nov 13 2006). Here it is with source modification included.
picodriveds_15_16b_ez4only.zip

More info at link above