PDA

View Full Version : rom conversion

dark heart
November 18th, 2006, 00:13
well i've waited long enough for them to do something about how slow those gba emulators are, and i found a few sights that convert emulators i even found a sight that converts snes to gba. but i can't find one that converts gba to snes.

the reason for that is that snes seems to run alot better than gba emu.

anyone know of any links or something?

oafan
November 18th, 2006, 00:54
how can you call gpSP a slow emulator

Cloudhunter
November 18th, 2006, 01:00
It isn't possible... They are different hardware. Plus, gPSP is really good if you ask me :)

Cloudy

Cap'n 1time
November 18th, 2006, 01:19
I think he is referring to emulators.... but why would you use an Emulator to emulate an emulator to emulate a game? No that isnt a typo.

And actually the SNES couldnt possibly emulate GBA games.. so your just speaking crazy talk.

dark heart
November 18th, 2006, 06:10
lol thanks "captain awsome" thats all gba is though, it's a more compact version of snes, it's just that they made more better games on gba, and you will find that you can get doom on gba and snes, but the snes version is bigger in size. i know my consoles.

oafan: i can't find the working bios for that so i guess i will never know

yes it is possible to convert roms! i'll will dig up the link for the snes to gba one.

if you did get gpsp to work though, i would like to be enlightened.

infact, i think this could be quiete useful little tool, i feel pleased with myself:D

p.s captain awsome, this is coming from the guy that said there would never be homebrew on later firmware.:D i think you will find that almost anything is possible. thats what keeps me going!

quzar
November 18th, 2006, 06:35
a very interesting site, but he hosts the converted versions of the games.

You're wrong that the snes is a compact gba. it isn't. it was however designed to have similar graphcial capabilities.

As for the converter, there isn't anything like that on the psp.

Cap'n 1time
November 18th, 2006, 06:38
lol thanks "captain awsome" thats all gba is though, it's a more compact version of snes, it's just that they made more better games on gba, and you will find that you can get doom on gba and snes, but the snes version is bigger in size. i know my consoles.

oafan: i can't find the working bios for that so i guess i will never know

yes it is possible to convert roms! i'll will dig up the link for the snes to gba one. http://snes2gba.vze.com/

if you did get gpsp to work though, i would like to be enlightened.

The gba and the snes have totally different hardware. the gba is certainly not a mini snes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snes#Technical_specifications
vs
http://www.nintendo.com/techspecgba
I dont know what the hell the thing you have is, but i do know you cant convert software coded for a certain type of hardware on anything other than that type of compatible hardware or via some type of software emulating the hardware.

OT: did you know that the GBA micro has a different processor than yoru standard gba or the SP? me neither :)

Axelius
November 18th, 2006, 06:41
I didn't have ANY problem with gpsp, actually it was the first piece of homebrew I installed on my 2.80 PSP with the new eloader...
But I still haven't found a GOOD Gameboy (Color) Emulator that works on 2.80 (Okay, Spiceboy works, but it is just not that good I imagined, as even gba runs at full speed, so why won't gb(c))

mikebeaver
November 18th, 2006, 12:50
the snes and gba are related similar to the DS and the 64, basically they have similar graphical styles and some of the same games, thats about it, the gba has many snes port's purely because software houses see it as a quick buck from older games that are easily ported (NOT emulated) on a more current system.
if you want proof just look at all the recent classic compilations,most of the time they are quite lacklustre, there are the odd exceptions to the rule, but not many.

On another note, gpsp runs most gba games great, but does require a gba bios, which can be very elusive, try google.hope this helps.

dark heart
November 18th, 2006, 23:57
i never said that snes and gba uses the same hardware! i only said that gba is not noticeably better than snes.

if there are any mods about you can lock this.

Cap'n 1time
November 19th, 2006, 04:57
i never said that snes and gba uses the same hardware! i only said that gba is not noticeably better than snes.

if there are any mods about you can lock this.

I never did suggest you didnt know this, but when you said somthing about all GBA was was a compact SNES it sure sounded like you were suggesting it. if you did in fact know this, why would you inquire whether or not you could convert GBA titles (that run on hardware that is "noticeably better than the snes" to SNES?

One thing you did do is point out a nifty link, though sadly it contained illegal files (which you will not and have not received a warning for, Q just removed the link.)

Dont consider this an insult, consider it a learning experiance, everyone's got to learn eh?

chrono75
November 19th, 2006, 06:22
Man GBA is nothing like SNES. For one, the GBA has greater sound capabilities and gPSP runs Mode7 effects WAY faster then SNES TYL does. I'm curious to see how this SNES on gPSP works... That really possible!?

quzar
November 19th, 2006, 06:45
Man GBA is nothing like SNES. For one, the GBA has greater sound capabilities and gPSP runs Mode7 effects WAY faster then SNES TYL does. I'm curious to see how this SNES on gPSP works... That really possible!?

WTF are you talking about? You're confusing each system with the status to which they are emulated on the psp.

chrono75
November 20th, 2006, 06:10
I was referring to gameboy advanced game being converted into an SNES game.
Are you moronic? SNES TYL has been worked on far longer than gPSP... Also, the SNES has a higher color depth than the GBA does so when you have more colors being ran under Mode7 you need more power.
Quzar I think you've got a nack for picking on me man and if you don't agree with what I said above and if you saw a problem with it you're going to have to STFU because there was nothing wrong with that post. Also, you better start easing up as a mod or whatever you are or quit because people are talking about you man, just thought you should know.

flu0r
November 20th, 2006, 19:47
Ridiculous how rude people behave nowadays. It's all for the PSP, right?

dark heart
November 22nd, 2006, 07:48
okey... now this thread should defenitly be locked where are those modder's, taken a wizz?
i really coudn't care less now about this, so lets drop all of this shall we?