PDA

View Full Version : lmao @ ps3 sony is so screwed! check this out...

kando
November 18th, 2006, 03:12
i went to my local mall today, visited the 2 gaming stores w/ ps3 demos, and guess what?

they were BOTH FRIED!

one only turned on for 2 seconds, the other one now refuses to turn on at all.

sony is gonna be flinging monkey poop at the walls when they do a mass recall =O

NoQuarter
November 18th, 2006, 03:19
This is not good for sony,I'm glad I've got to wait for mine :)
Poor people who waited in line for one!
If you have one you better make sure you have adequate ventilation and a fan pointed at it.
Maybe sony shouldn't have put the PSU inside the PS3 case.

ICE
November 18th, 2006, 03:43
haha an external PSU? would've worked better maybe.............

iniquitous_beast
November 18th, 2006, 03:45
An internal psu is much nicer than a bulky power brick. If you are ever buying a used xbox 360, watch out for "system only" sales. You'll pay $200 for the system, them another $65-100 for the power brick off of ebay. With an internal psu, if you ever need a new power cord, you can pay $5 for a generic one. PS3's might be overheating, but that is most likely due to unstable 1st-generation hardware. This will all settle out in later revisions.

On a side-note, that is my biggest hope for the new 2007 xbox360's - that is, an internal psu. Better one big footprint than two.

NoQuarter
November 18th, 2006, 03:47
An internal PSU while being more convienient is also a large cause of heat buildup inside of units,both with the 360 and the ps3.

ExcruciationX
November 18th, 2006, 04:37
Yes!!! :D

kando
November 18th, 2006, 06:28
Yes!!! :D

rofl u seem all too happy about this =p

Smurph
November 19th, 2006, 06:07
Didn't the same thing happen with the PS2? Why don't you people learn? Sony hasn't built a lasting console since the PSone.

ExcruciationX
November 20th, 2006, 21:09
rofl u seem all too happy about this =p
Well, I hate Sony.

S34MU5
November 20th, 2006, 22:11
Well, I hate Sony.

yet you have a psp

Apoklepz
November 21st, 2006, 02:08
...I for one am glad I'll be waiting for that stinking price to drop XP....sucks for a lot of people though...Shame on you $ony.

KenshinKajima
November 21st, 2006, 22:06
i hear they shipped more like 200,000 ps3s too. . .this makes the 360 launch look successful

Styroformer
November 21st, 2006, 22:29
Poor...Poor...Sony...never had a chance...well they NEVER had a chance =P

Gene
November 22nd, 2006, 05:23
i can see a mass recall in all of this... thats how many?

like 4 mass recalls in the past two years?

well sony better start digging landfills.

Darksaviour69
November 22nd, 2006, 09:56
a good thing about the external "power brick" is the MS are revise the design of it later (small etc) with out having to redesigning the main console. that will keep production running smoother. Also a new revision of the brick should work on first gen xbox360's, while the old ps3 will be stuck being big

jonezybaby
November 22nd, 2006, 11:06
yet you have a psp

i have 3 psp's yet i hate sony, 2 - ex 1.5's now 2.71 SE-B' and a 2.80 (downgradable soon lol) now im not gonna say why i have thos versions :rofl:

F9zDark
November 23rd, 2006, 03:43
Does anyone have any idea what kind of demands are placed on those game store demo units? Some of those demo cases are just cabinets with plexiglass fronts and a switch, with hardly any ventilation.

Also, take into consideration that those units are on, for a good 12-16 hours a day, if not more (you know the night crew comin in want to play games too...), with game store employees playing them constantly during slowdowns (during school hours how many people come into a game store? probably 1 per hour....)

So quick to judge without doing any thinking is just stupid.

Smurph
November 23rd, 2006, 08:12
Does anyone have any idea what kind of demands are placed on those game store demo units? Some of those demo cases are just cabinets with plexiglass fronts and a switch, with hardly any ventilation.

Also, take into consideration that those units are on, for a good 12-16 hours a day, if not more (you know the night crew comin in want to play games too...), with game store employees playing them constantly during slowdowns (during school hours how many people come into a game store? probably 1 per hour....)

So quick to judge without doing any thinking is just stupid.

You work at a game store, don't you?

F9zDark
December 4th, 2006, 20:52
You work at a game store, don't you?

No, but having been to them on many occasions, its quite easy to see what these systems must endure. The fact that this person walked into a WAL-MART (which, is a place of business that doesn't care for the humans who work there, so I imagine they don't care much a demo unit of any product...) and saw this doesn't surprise me at all.

Now when we start hearing about claims of fried PS3s from actual casual, home users (not some asshole without a job and lives with mommy and can play 24/7, thats not indicative enough of the gaming populous as a whole) then Sony will have something to even be concerned with.

gdf
December 17th, 2006, 15:50
just because two overused ps3s are fried doesnt mean its the end of the line and sony will have a mass recall!!! still not buying one tho lol!

dagger89
December 17th, 2006, 16:12
That means absolutely NOTHING. For one, the systems are on for 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week.... Do you normally play this much? Second, the PS3s are usually in an enclosed container, meaning tons of heat build up... Do you keep your PS3s in a bubble while playing for 12+ hours at a time? Third, most of the PS3s are test units, not retail ones... They are usually made before the retail ones are... Meaning, more buggy, crappier quality...

Tigerman
December 22nd, 2006, 01:56
My PS3 doesn't get hot at all, even after hours of play.

onemic
December 23rd, 2006, 08:42
JOS!!!! you're here too! Well like he said(dagger89) it really doesn't mean anything especially when you consider the fact that almost no one has reported problems with their PS3's.

F9zDark
December 29th, 2006, 19:34
I finally got a PS3 and installed linux on it twice (Fedora and later Yellow Dog). The system was, for the most part, on the entire time since I brought it home until about 7 am this morning (EST).

Haven't encountered any problems whatsoever. The system works flawlessly so far.

acn010
December 29th, 2006, 19:38
my ps3 gets heated way fast, i think i can cook an egg on it

F9zDark
January 3rd, 2007, 06:11
my ps3 gets heated way fast, i think i can cook an egg on it

Thats interesting... Mine seems fine. Perhaps you should locate it in a more air friendly spot?

GuitarGod1134
January 4th, 2007, 00:17
I dont know why you guys all hate the ps3 I was comparing technical specs of all the next gen systems, and I dont care how much you guys like the 360 in wii but the ps3 is a lot more powerful, not that much powerful then the 360 but still more powerful and because of this in the long run the ps3 will have better graphics and games (due to 50 gb of space) as for the wii, the only thing good about that is the revolutionary controllers, but those will die if sony or microsoft makes a controller similar to it (which i doubt). So say what you want but the ps3 is the powerhouse right now.

Xtreme03
January 5th, 2007, 12:03
Thank you for taking time away from your crystal ball to reveal the future to us.

turtleguy101
January 6th, 2007, 04:23
might of been said already i dk dont feel like readin the whole post, but do you know how long the ps3's at the mall are on each day? they are being played ALL DAY EVERY DAY... nobody around us has wii displays cuz ppl could steal the controllers or somethin ... anyways its prolly normal for em to overheat. i havnt found any yet but if i had one i wouldnt play it that much for it to like blow up...the ps3 sucks right now...just like the psp (i have one with 3.02oe-b but for everybody else that has a psp with like regular 3.03 fw it sucks) anyways i finially got a wii at wal mart the other day and i have given my soul to zelda lol so i gotta go finish the water temple...or wutever its called...

Video_freak
January 6th, 2007, 05:25
As mentioned before, not many reports of malfunctioning PS3's have been declared to Sony. It would seems like the PS3 would have the most problems considering it is the most advanced console yet and they were manufacturing them at top speed over in Asia. I guess Sony did a good job on the launch. (Yet again there were only 300,000 units available...)

Draconicwizard
August 24th, 2009, 07:11
I have a 40 gb and have had it on non-stop for the past 3 weeks, aside from having to reset it every few days it works fine, but b4 i got released from the army i kept it in my wall locker and would sometimes leave it on while left the barracks for most of the day (some days it got up to 85-95 degrees before they fixed the ac) and even then most of the time all it needed at most was for me to open my wall locker and let it cool down a little, it still works the same as when i got it second hand from game stop, i still think it is kinda funny when civilians (albeit annoying at times) panic before they know what is going on lmao

Eviltaco64
August 24th, 2009, 09:38
Don't bump old threads.

Locked.