PDA

View Full Version : Clips: Wii Channel and Virtual Console

gunntims0103
November 19th, 2006, 01:19
The Wii Channel has officially launched. I just loaded up a meek 2,000 points onto my Wii and purchased Donkey Kong for my Wii. This video gives you a quick overview of the channel and the process of finding and downloading a game. Kinda cool stuff, though getting into the Channel takes a bit too long. I suspect it's that initial connection that's slowing down the process.

This means that the wii channel has officailly launched view a youtube video via kotaku (http://lumine.kotaku.com/gaming/gizmodo/clips-wii-channel-and-virtual-console-215828.php)

GazeboflossUK
November 19th, 2006, 03:07
Damn, I wanted that video to go on a little longer, haha.

Anyway...I just hope that Nintendo pull their finger out and come up with a decent online multiplayer option soon. I know it's going to be in the New Year but they should at least put some sort of strategy forward so we all know where we stand before actually buying the console.

I just think sometimes it would be great if Nintendo said when functions are going to be ready and try and stick to it for a change.

Although, I still really want a Wii and will be getting one when they arrive in the UK on December 8th.

However - I really can only say that I want one game so far....that is of course Zelda:TP and that's pretty much a Gamecube port.
I seem to have seen far too many average reviews of most other launch games.

They need more pure quality, and fast. I'm such a Nintendo fan and don't want to see an early fade for the Wii.