PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous SNES Music Collection... All for you!

chrono75
November 19th, 2006, 02:52
:) I wasn't sure where to put this thread. At first I thought the off topic section was right, but then I decided to put it here because you need to emulate these files using a special program either with your PSP or using Winamp. If you've never listened to the quality of an SPC track, you should today because they're great! I promise you will enjoy them and that you have missed out on some truely great music! All work with SNES TYL 0.42 and do not make the emulator crash! (sometimes emulator crashes if songs are IDed improperly!)

I have finally finished the ultimate SNES music collection! There are songs from MANY different games and they are all in their best format: SPC! You won't find crappy MIDI files in this collection! This might be the best that the SNES had to offer, hey, I think so! More than 500 songs that are already tagged and IDed as they should be and ready to be handpicked through again so you can get your favorites all from one file! The zipped file is a little over 20MB and the unzipped size is roughly 35MB. I'm going to put all of these songs on my PSP so I can hear them using the SNES TYL menu music option and play them with the PSP SPC players! You don't want to miss out on these classic grooves, you should enjoy every one of them! More music than you could listen to in a full day!

!! WARNING !!
SPCs may cause childhood flashbacks and cause you to want to play the games this music is from! =D

I love good ol' SNES music. Some of it is very relaxing and very well created. Every song included was hand picked by myself. Many hours of work choosing and labeling!! Quite the collection! I might have missed a couple of good ones, but hey, this took me a long time to make so enjoy it! If you haven't already, you will need a special plug-in to get these SPCs to work using Winamp. You can find it by using google.com There is some really good music here if you give it a chance!! You can also convert SPCs to MP3s and play these songs in your car! Very good road music! Oh yeah, and sorry but I'm not a huge FF3 fan so I just added some of the ones I liked best :P

====================================
Notable SPCs that you may not know about, but still rock!!
-------------------------------

Many of the Trainers (All trainer SPCs are public domain so they are basicly shareware if you give credit!)
Plok (most of them)
Earthbound (Lost Underworld, Twoson, Threed and Fourside)
Brainlord (Town of Arcs)
Gradius III (Factory, Bonus and Secret Stages)
Mystical Ninja (Nearly All)
Super Adventure Island
Zombies Ate my Neighbors (Curse of the Tongue)
Super Metroid (Brinstar)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (Mine, Roller Coaster and Brambles)
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nearly All )

And many, many more that I can't think of now!!
------------------------------------------------------------------

CHECK THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD! (You might have to wait a filefront to get it, but it's worth it!!)

http://files.filefront.com//;6218580;;/

Ask me if the song you love is in this (cept for a couple of FF3 songs, and it probably is!) I will make a list here if neccesary but don't take all day looking for your favorite SNES songs when you can get them all in this file! :thumbup:

How to install files so that you can play them in the SNES TYL 0.42 menu:

-Hook up your PSP to your computer
-Goto the PSP folder and then
-goto the GAME folder
-Goto the SNES TYL folder (not the % folder)
-Goto the DATA folder
-Either replace the zipped "music" folder with my collecction or handpick your favorite songs from my colection and add them to the "music" folder
-Goto SNES TYL and then turn on the Menu Music under the options icon
-Press select to change songs
-Enjoy!!

LIST OF GAME MUSIC IN COLLECTION:
(Collection does not cover every song in the games listed, only the good ones!) :)
=========================
Adult Manga 1
Adult Manga 2
Beavis and Butthead
Brainlord
Chrono Trigger
Chuck Rock
Console World Magazine
Copier Add
Darius Twin
Demons Crest
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Dragons Lair
Earthbound
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fight
FrogNES
F-Zero
Gradius III
Hack Intro Songs
Hysteria
Kirby's Dreamland 3 (thank you kando!)
Killer Instinct
Legend of Zelda, the
Lemmings
Lemmings 2
Megaman 7 (thank you kando!)
Megaman X
Megaman X2
Megaman X3
Mortal Kombat 2
UMoular Escape Demo
Music Demo - Good Life
Mystical Ninja
Plok
Ren and Stimpy - Fire Dogs
Rock n' Roll Racing
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Seiken Densetsu 3
Shaq Fu
SimCity
Starfox (do not use with SNES TYL, will crash your PSP!)
Street Fighter 2
Super Adventure Island
Super Adventure Island 2
Super Castlevania 4
Super Castlevania: Dracula X
Super Double Dragon
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Ninja Boy
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Tom and Jerry
Topless Kim Demo
Trainers (quite a few different ones)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Yoshi's Island
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

kando
November 19th, 2006, 07:18
nice list! i should give ya some more to add...ill do it tomorrow :)

chrono75
November 19th, 2006, 18:21
Cool man! I updated the list above... Did you try downloading the file? I think I'm missing a couple of good ones like Zelda, Adventure of Dr. Frankenstein and Dual Orb 2. I'm sure there are many, many more but these are the ones I'm most familiar with. Try play Plok too, it's a great game!

kando
November 19th, 2006, 18:39
megaman 7, megaman 9, actraiser, final fantasy 3, star fox, and kirby's dream land 3! :D

and i'd take out the adult ones and the trainers, they arent official!

but this is a nice growing collection, im lovin it :D

Asuki
November 19th, 2006, 23:43
If you want spc samples check out: http://www.zophar.net/
(also has full unofficial soundtracks ripped and packed into either. zip or .rar files)

Congrats on being 4 or more years late!

If you have/use winamp grab the spc plugin for it. Theres also other tools for emulating old school music there, so check it out.

IF you cant find the dic, then your not worthy of using the interweb, Cheers o/

chrono75
November 20th, 2006, 01:30
Great suggestions!
I think it's fun collection SPCs cause when I use the menu on SNES TYL it's cool to have random songs playing that I am familiar with. I've also known about SPCs for a long time now but I had just realised not too long ago that SNES TYL uses this format for music.
That's where I got most of my songs from. I have the plug-in for Winamp also. However, if you play the songs using Winamp sometimes there are some sound issues I have notived that aren't occuring when I use an Emulator for the PSP. I'm going to update the list now and probably add some new songs. Not sure, but maybe I'll include all of the Megamans on the SNES or at least some of the best songs cause if I have more than once y not have them all?

Oh yeah, and some of the Trainer songs are very good in my oppinion. I should have a newly updated file sometime tomorrow. I'll post a link for you if you would like the new ones...

karsten
November 20th, 2006, 22:14
ehm guys, check here:

http://www.snesmusic.org/v2/

everything is here and even with id666 tags...

chrono75
November 21st, 2006, 00:57
Maybe just me, but that site has a weird format other than SPC doesn't it? I didn't check many files but mine came in a strage format. Again, if the tags have strange author name or some other tag info is missing, SNES TYL will crash and that emulator was the only reason I got this collection together. Also, I am uploading the new songs as I speak and am going to update the game list above! All of my songs are properly tagged using all caps and proper grammer plus, all of the files are were renamed as well. A lot of work, but it's finally done, the ultimate SNES SPC collection! I looked on BitCommet and nobody has an archive this big with this many great songs, so, I might upload the collection onto a bittorrent site :D
Please enjoy and give feedback!

Apoklepz
November 21st, 2006, 01:58
Nice SPC lists...Galbadia Hotel also has an extensive SPC archive that y'all should check out.

Anybody else got the Main Menu song for Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage in their folders? It was originally put toghether by the band Green Jelly, back in the day, and I still think it has the best electric guitar synth sounds the SNES could offer.

BTW, I noticed you credited Kando on Starfox...Thing is, my emulator crashes into the Blue screen, and back to the PSP's XMB whenever any of my Starfox SPC's start playing...it's really weird too, cuz they seem to play just fine until you're taken to the XMB.....Question is...can you or Kando point me to the perfectly working Starfox SPCs?

Thanks

chrono75
November 21st, 2006, 02:14
I hope this music helps by keeping SNES Emulation alive on your PSP like it did me :)
Almost everytime I use the menu in SNES TYL, I want to stop and take a moment to hear a tune. :D
Okay, my PSP just crashed playing Starfox SPCs as well. That's crazy!! I guess you're going to have to just take them out of the collection. :(
If you find any other Starfox SPCs that work let me know! However, there is only one version of the Starfox SPCs that I know of and those are the ones cept for the American and Jap, ect. versions that should be the same. Hmmmm, that problem is a mysterious one and thanks for the new song to add to my collection!

Oh yeah and doesn't the song "Trainer - detonation" by NAPALM make you want to take a bath and play with a rubber ducky? lol
Haha, today I burned my top fave 10 to a CD and went around Charlotte, NC blaring Earthbound, Ninja Turtles, Donkey Kong Country 2 and other game music out of my six Pioneers, eight tweeters and two 1200-watt Audiobahn subs, man that was the life! (Psssst... That's nerdy right there!)

Also, this is kind of off topic but does anyone know how to add more backgrounds and have them recognized by SNES TYL?

Apoklepz
November 21st, 2006, 02:21
Yeah, it is the weirdest thing...I got all my files from Galbadia Hotel and all the Starfox SPCs do the same thing....but they seem to play perfectly!!! I don't frikking get it....Oh well...They do work beautifully on my SPC Player for windows,though...strange....no, it's more like ****ing Uncanny shit. O_o

You know, Earthbound also has a very nice variety of songs....Meh, didn't see it on the list before...Nevamind

chrono75
November 21st, 2006, 15:48
Could anyone please upload their own collection that is labeled and named properly so I don't have to find more songs? Haha, this isn't exacly for my PSP, just for fun... Maybe someone has some nifty songs that I don't have?
Yeah man, Starfox had some really great songs too... You should also check out my "must hear list" in my first post in this thread, those are some really great songs ecspecially the Ninja Turtles in Time ones that you may not have heard about. I reccoment you at least get all of those songs because I love them! Also, once again I think you should try out the game Plok and try to play it all the way through, hehe.

Oh yeah Apoklepz isn't the symbol for tits go something like this;

( o Y o ) = White woman
( O Y O ) = African American woman
( 0 Y o ) = Don't touch that woman!

haha, but seriously, I've included all of the good Earthbound tracks in that download and they are all tagged and named under windows which was kind of a b!tch because I had to label them all twice.
Have fun with the music!
Peace