PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Users#@^%@%@! How does it run?

YourStillWithMe
November 19th, 2006, 04:19
I am looking for feedback from my ps3 users. Does it run well? Has it crashed on you? Does it heat up quickly? Loading times good? Is it complicated? Does it connect to your psp? (you should have one of those too guys :-) )

I would like for some people to evaluate the performance. I am getting mine next week (I was 1 off on the reserves) Also is the Will Ferrell movie good on Blu Ray?

I would like a mini review please from some people.

I've heard from some people that the demos at stores have been so called "fried"

Does it come with a warranty? I'm sure we can send our ps3's in to get a replacement sony just cant ignore the fact that they may have made a bad product worlld-wide. We will be taken care of

Junixx
November 19th, 2006, 05:40
I wouldn't doubt if the PS3 to PSP connectivity required FW 3.00....

wowzors
November 25th, 2006, 10:37
Alright i have a 20gb version (hope to get a 60 soon) and thus far no problems. The only thing i have noticed is if it is left on about 12-14 hours and you ty to play a game such as madden 2007, it will greatly slowdown (Like half speed) Its really annyoig but is fixed with a 5 minute down time. Bluray movies have ran fine thus far for me, and the online play for Madden and Resistance is wonderful, the only problem i have is in madden the Motion Sensor seems to not work half of the time (same with Resistance pulling up the map in Multiplayer).

Although i believe the motion sensor problems are due to the controllers perhaps,or maybe the sesnsitvity. I only once have gotten an error and it was a Disc Read erro (Some Random Code Numbers), this was due to me shutting it down with the touch sensitive button on the front near the Disc Drive. Ever since then i have turned it off and booted it up no problems with the SIXAXIS PS button.

Hope this helps you get a general idea, so far im very pleased with the gaming, and the movies looks fantastic on it aswell.

To answer the PSP to PS3 connection question, yes it does require fw 3.00 and the PS3 needs to be updated to 1.10 or later. As you probably have guessed a PS3 is required to download PS1 games for the PSP.

elamar
November 26th, 2006, 16:37
I am not having any problems from my PS3 so far.
I think it is great with a lot of potential. I even connected my external hard drive to it for my music and
movies. It plays all my avi and h264 no problem I have the 60 gb ps3 and it streams my movies and my music with visual effects to my PSP, I love this thing. the only draw back is that it doesn't read all my music I assume thier is a limit, I have 40 gb of music must be to much for it. I haven't had any problem with the games and haven't tried a blueray movie yet. The remote play is kind of slow and quirky sometimes, and the internet really #$itty but other than that it is great. PS3 and PSP "made for each other".

YourStillWithMe
November 28th, 2006, 05:50
I got my ps3 a week ago forogt to post and everything runs perfectly so far ya guys think it is safe to run DVD's? Because remember witht he ps2 it wasnt at launch? we then later on learned it ruins the lens. . . i dont want to get into much depth with the blu ray movies yet im afraid to try it i dont want to ruin the system since that now its very hard to get one i have a 1 year warranty but dont wanna have it go yet i'll murder my system later haha