PDA

View Full Version : How can i make rott for dreamcast?

Robin
March 13th, 2005, 01:01
I don`t know anything about making a rott for dreamcast cd for example.
Who can help me with the basics to burn a dreamcast ported game?
I have a *.bin file and other files. What can i better use whats easy to make that kind of cd? SBI inducer? Image file? What files do i need? How can i know to make the correct maps? Wich directory`s do i need?

I`ev i know the basics then it would much easier for me.
Can anyone help me? :rolleyes: I like to make a self bootable cd.
I think i posted in the wrong forum. Sorry if i posted it wrong.

curt_grymala
March 13th, 2005, 01:04
If there is a CDI file available with the shareware files included, then that's probably your best bet. If not, then I recommend using SBInducer. There is a very nice tutorial on how to use SBInducer at DCHelp.

EDIT - There is an SBI file that includes the shareware files in the right place. It's called Rott-shareware.sbi

Robin
March 13th, 2005, 01:08
I have the full version of rott, and i like to make it selfbootable for my dreamcast.
Oke, then i will use Sbinducer. Where can i find that tutorial? Is it easy for a beginner like me to make that kind of cd?
With that sbi do i need to replace the full version for the shareware files?

I think i can better use selfboot. But what are scrambled and unscrambled bin`s? And what are the bin`s ? What do they do? Do i make from my game files a bin files. How does it work? :confused: :confused:

Christuserloeser
March 13th, 2005, 06:10
SBInducer would be the best solution. Just give it a try and download the SBI Shareware too. It's a zip that'll show you the disc layout for burning your full version too. Read the tutorials and post back.

The tutorials:
www.DCEvolution.net/DCHelp or click on Curt's sig ;p

curt_grymala
March 13th, 2005, 16:06
IIRC, there were actually two different versions of the ROTT bin. One was made to work with the shareware, and one was made to work with the full version. Be wary of that.

Robin
March 13th, 2005, 17:21
do i need another 1st_read.bin? And ROMDISK? Or are that the same files as the shareware version?
With SBInducer i think you get a loader (start menu) I don`t wanne that menu. I like only to have it selfboot. Do i need delete the themes directory and mainmenu.dxl? Or doesn`t that work? And i won`t like disk swap. I will it on one selfboot disk.

I have found something in a readme file. Now iam more happier :D

HOW TO BURN:

1ST_READ.BIN (rename SHAREWARE.BIN or REGISTERD.BIN)
romdisk
(optional)
ROTT or ROTTPLAY
+ game data

So if i understand:

I need to rename my registerd.bin to 1st_read.bin, then i need a romdisk file
and a rott or rott play directory with game data. But do i need that GPL files for better sound and graphics?

My rott version is 1.2, do i need to patch it to v1.3? :confused:

Robin
March 13th, 2005, 17:36
SBInducer would be the best solution. Just give it a try and download the SBI Shareware too. It's a zip that'll show you the disc layout for burning your full version too. Read the tutorials and post back.

The tutorials:
www.DCEvolution.net/DCHelp or click on Curt's sig ;p

I did yesterday evening looked at the tutorials, i didn`t found anything about burning that cd. Mayby iam blind :eek:

Robin
March 13th, 2005, 17:39
IIRC, there were actually two different versions of the ROTT bin. One was made to work with the shareware, and one was made to work with the full version. Be wary of that.

yes, registerd.bin :)

curt_grymala
March 13th, 2005, 19:33
I'm trying to look into it (never burned ROTT myself before). Usually, though, anything with a GPL extension is simply a readme file explaining the license agreement that governs the software.

fackue
March 14th, 2005, 00:21
No, you don't need to patch (at least I don't think I did, yet I don't know what version mine was).

Rename the registered binary to 1st_read.bin. You need the romdisk. I wasn't exactly sure what files I needed to play ROTT so I just placed all my full version files in the folder I created, ROTT.

Hope that helps.