PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering can we use the roms from OUR games on OUR the wii?

Tetris999
November 19th, 2006, 19:52
now i dont really fancy myself on this type of topic but i was wondering does the nintendo wii support a dump from our original game or do you HAVE to buy your game again to play it on the wii?

e.g. an n64 game

Junixx
November 20th, 2006, 00:49
Most likely, it has to be encrypted to play on the Wii so youll have to download it

JKKDARK
November 20th, 2006, 00:53
No, you need to use the virtual console service and download then. They don't use the same format as the games that you dump to your computer.

ICE
November 20th, 2006, 01:02
unless someone finds a way to do it.

Tetris999
November 20th, 2006, 03:32
i HOPE so..

chemical
November 20th, 2006, 09:40
So do I, not spending like £60 on a bunch of games i have in my closet.

Tetris999
November 24th, 2006, 14:41
you got that right uggggh money these days everyone wants it.......

including $ony

The Hombrew Hunter
November 24th, 2006, 15:05
I'll pay 60 pounds for games I don't have in my closet.

Buy games you DON'T own, play the ones in your damn closet!

SSaxdude
November 24th, 2006, 15:20
Well there will probably be some emulators made for the Wii so then we can use our roms.

Amethyst
November 25th, 2006, 05:25
It hasn't even been a bloody month yet.

There will be emus. Sony has been cracked multiple times, I bet the Big N will play Humpty Dumpty soon enough. Nintendo is no Microsoft. They don't have enough experience with nerds and hackers.

waternova
December 2nd, 2006, 18:52
It will prob be hacked, however due to the connect24, it will be difficult to make a lasting hack. Nintendo can just patch it each time.:eek:

It would be similar to the PSP, u would need to not update to be able to use homebrew or hacks for any lasting time.

anyone agree?

Your Humble n00b,
Waternova

buothz
December 6th, 2006, 02:36
It will prob be hacked, however due to the connect24, it will be difficult to make a lasting hack. Nintendo can just patch it each time.:eek:

It would be similar to the PSP, u would need to not update to be able to use homebrew or hacks for any lasting time.

anyone agree?

Your Humble n00b,
Waternova
do you know dual bios?
emulators?
linux wii?
and this http://www.wii-modchips.com/viper-wii.htm? It can be a fake... but there are many ways to run old games on wii!

nathan1974au
December 19th, 2006, 06:27
disable wifi prob solved

cakestick
December 20th, 2006, 20:00
So do I, not spending like £60 on a bunch of games i have in my closet.

You're paying a premium for the value of not having to pull those systems/games out of your closet, or have them clutter your TV area.

If that is not desirable to you, you retain the right to not have to purchase VC games.

VampDude
December 23rd, 2006, 13:05
You're paying a premium for the value of not having to pull those systems/games out of your closet, or have them clutter your TV area.

If that is not desirable to you, you retain the right to not have to purchase VC games.

thats true, and you don't have to pay for all VirtualConsole games as you can get FREE Wii points from time to time from Nintendo with stars

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2006, 05:36
now i dont really fancy myself on this type of topic but i was wondering does the nintendo wii support a dump from our original game or do you HAVE to buy your game again to play it on the wii?

e.g. an n64 game

Yeah, sure. You "dumped" your own N64, NES, SNES, Genesis games? I'm sure...

Downloaded roms are still illegal in the US if I remember, even if you own the games.

But if you wanted to play your "dumped" roms, try the SDLoad method with the emulators provided here at the DCEmu.

mastersho
February 4th, 2007, 02:26
i think that it's worth a small bit o' cash for great games. i can understand where you're coming from because you guys in the UK are gettin' slammed on the Wii points.