PDA

View Full Version : Help with MircoSD and LinuxDS

Bl33tllama
November 20th, 2006, 01:05
Hey there,

Let me give you guy some information about the situation that I currently find myself.

It all started when I thought (for a school project) I would put Linux onto my DS. $150 dollars and countless hours later of trolling forums I finally broke down and am now admiting that I require help.

Things I have
-DS Lite (Version...where the screen is magenta)
-SuperCard Lite
-Super Passme
-USB Card Reader
-MicroSD Adapter for the Card Reader
-512mb Micro SD chip

Now, I have updated all the firmwhere and what not, but my real question is How do I go about putting a bootable version of LinuxDS onto the MicroSD, so that I can put the MicroSD into the SuperCard Lite and have it boot up when I turn on my Nintendo DS.

If you could just link me to a place where I can find a tutorial as to how to continue my project that would be great.

-Also, do I have to do anything to the linuxDS to make it boot? Do I have to add in code some place (God I hope not, because my coding skills are bad)

I have the dslinux-ram.gz form of linuxds that i downloaded for the dslinux site. If that helps any.

Thank you to anybody who decides to try and help me.

-Bl33tLlama

chemical
November 20th, 2006, 09:50
I don't know how to answer this, but i'll just tell you something whether it helps or not I don't know.

M3 has a "Boot.nds" file so once i open in DS mode it goes straight to M3, if you could get it to do this with a boot file, then after that in settings you can just set it up to switch on and go to the DS game. But yeah I don't have a boot file for linux ;-/

Bl33tllama
November 20th, 2006, 20:02
Thanks for the reply!

I went and got the boot.nds and put it on my micro SD

I guess I dont know what to all do with it.

I have gotten linux to show up now as a choosable option, but it just loads then goes to a white screen and stays there.

I had to add the .nds file extention onto the end of my linux file to be able to see it.

Any new ideas anybody?

Thanks for help in advance

-Clueless Llama :confused:

Junixx
November 20th, 2006, 23:11
Hmm....SCLite....maybe it needs to be patched? I know theres a homebrew patcher somewhere around here...