PDA

View Full Version : C4 - 2006 SEGA Saturn Coding Contest News

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 22:04
Rockin-B posted this news on his site:

The deadline of the C4 - 2006 SEGA Saturn Coding Contest is coming nearer and nearer. I have received at least three requests to extend the contest.

Because of the higher difficulty level of this years objective (impressive visuals), I agree that it's a good idea to extend the contest for one month. So the new deadline is december 31st, 2006 23:59 CET.

Furthermore, I had joined myself last year and I have decided to join this year, again. It will be a Sonic-Style 3d tunnel racing game, inspired by a GP32 homebrew game and the Sonic game series. Good luck everyone!

More Info --> http://www.rockin-b.de/news-latest.html

vbt
December 28th, 2006, 20:24
Hurry up !!!

vbt
January 1st, 2007, 12:49
entry sent :)

Christuserloeser
January 1st, 2007, 22:40
Cool. Can't wait to see the results :)

RockinB
January 2nd, 2007, 17:27
Cool. Can't wait to see the results :)
Yes, the results are really good, some of them even surprised and amazed me, thumbs up, guys!

The judging will start about 14th january and the C4 CD is going to be released when judging is done, so you'll have to be patient for a little time. But it's all worth it, that's for sure.

wazzal7
January 2nd, 2007, 17:49
Can't wait for it! Tested out last years C4 CD, and it was awesome!!! I'm very glad they're doing this!

imapetert
January 3rd, 2007, 16:25
I'm very excited about seeing the results as well! I want to see the Saturn homebrew community grow!

RockinB
January 5th, 2007, 09:11
To evaluate and determine the ranking of the entries to the SEGA Saturn Coding Contest (C4 - 2006), I'm searching people who like to judge them.

Interested people:
1. need to judge fair
2. have to test the C4 CD-R on real Saturn (with swap-trick or modchip), spending more than just 5 minutes per entry
3. have to write short comments about each entry and their decision

The judges will get a link to a CD image on Sunday afternoon, 14th january 2007. Then judging stars officially and they got some days to test and judge the entries and write their comments.

The CD itself is multiregion and will thus run without an import adapter on every Saturn using either the swap-trick or a modchip. The entries are a mix of (mostly) PAL and NTSC TV format, but that is no problem at all.

If you are interested, please tell me via PM or by e-Mail: [email protected].
Thanks for your help,
Rockin'-B

r2works
January 12th, 2007, 00:23
this sounds great. Will it be possible to use this C4 CD on SSF? (Not for judging purposes) I just about swapped my Saturn to death, so this is the only option I have for Saturn gaming.

RockinB
January 12th, 2007, 08:08
this sounds great. Will it be possible to use this C4 CD on SSF? (Not for judging purposes) I just about swapped my Saturn to death, so this is the only option I have for Saturn gaming.
Well, maybe. You can try it out now. If the C4CD of the last year works, then the new one will work, too:
C4_2005_CD.rar (http://vberthelot.free.fr/Atlas/C4_2005_CD.rar).

Please let me know if it works or not!

r2works
January 15th, 2007, 05:55
some games did not work under the C4 2005. Menu was really buggy with ssf (kept hanging)

RockinB
January 16th, 2007, 10:35
some games did not work under the C4 2005. Menu was really buggy with ssf (kept hanging)

Yes, some emulators can't run the bootloder application correctly. SSF is still frequently updated, so maybe a future version will emulate it correct. It works on real Saturn.

btw: judging has started

r2works
January 22nd, 2007, 08:23
updates? cd release? :confused: :)

RockinB
January 22nd, 2007, 11:08
updates? cd release? :confused: :)
The judges are having a lot of fun playing the entries. One judge has already completed his work (very worth reading). I plan to release the CD as well as the judging results next weekend.

gameman
February 1st, 2007, 04:15
Whats going on with this? Last weekend already passed and still no realease or news... :(

RockinB
February 1st, 2007, 09:38
Whats going on with this? Last weekend already passed and still no realease or news... :(

All judges have completed their work. The C4 2006 CD is actually done. A single problem that showed up yesterday remains to be solved with the CD.

The ranking and C4 2006 CD download will be published in a few days.

RockinB
February 2nd, 2007, 08:54
The C4 2006 CD is finished!

Expect a download very soon...