PDA

View Full Version : FishTank DS 0.2

wraggster
November 20th, 2006, 22:32
News/release from Campanile (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=28&post_id=12467)

My previous post is unaccessible, here's another one...

I didn't work on it for a while, but here are the small updates.

ToDo list :

- [DONE][NEEDS IMPROVEMENT] Evolution system
XP system
- [IN PROGRESS] In game Menu
Better fish informations
- [DONE] Class Objects (polymorphism is soooo great)
[ToDo] Bubbles
[DONE] Sparks (level-up / evolution system related)
[DONE] Coins
[DONE] Wave effect (may need some adjustments)
- [ToDo] Class Menu
- [IN PROGRESS] Sounds
- [ToDo] Speed system improvements / slow turns / Water consistency
- [Question] Keep drop pellet at top of the tank, or make it appear at stylus Y ?

Last updates :
[DONE] Added carnivorous fish, which will eat any fish for now (maybe only smaller fishes later, even if a small fish eating a big one sounds funny to me)
[DONE] Added blip fish, dunno what to do with it yet...
[NEEDS IMPROVEMENT] Money System, everything has a price now, but shopping system is not done yet (needs in game menu). Fishes drop money, money used to buy other fishes.
[NEEDS IMPROVEMENT] Added BGM, not a great mod, but the only non-techno one I found
[NEEDS IMPROVEMENT] Fishes now have different speeds, from swimming slowly to rush to food (see ToDo about speed system)
[IN PROGRESS] Fishes meeting and having a baby-fish debut
[IN PROGRESS] Preliminary gameplay, some dirty stuffs to clean, or fishes are getting hungry faster.

EDIT : Rough version added, you start with 100 money (you can buy one orange fish with "A"), food cost 10 and coins worth 25. You can drop one food at a time and buy blip fish with B and the most expensive carnivorous fish with X (or Y). Each fish drop quarters for now, the version is not really enjoyable yet, I was posting the news mainly to show the project is still alive....

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

james_bland
November 21st, 2006, 20:54
oh, looks funky. Is it a bit like the screen saver on windows??

Junixx
November 22nd, 2006, 13:58
I'm pretty sure this an Insaniquarium (:confused: ) clone, or I think thats is the name at least

tarkster2
December 2nd, 2006, 02:38
this works great!Keep up the great work!

latoshi
January 3rd, 2007, 21:43
how do you put rar files on a max media drive? ???

latoshi
January 3rd, 2007, 21:46
im trying to play it its just that the game wont start its probably a great game but it wont let me play :( help me please i need help

Mathewie
January 7th, 2007, 20:55
Looks nice!! testing now

EDIT: yeah its fun!