PDA

View Full Version : Square Button Issue

tidusuk123
March 14th, 2005, 22:18
My square button works but makes a different sound to the other ones when pressed. The other ones pop up fine, so does the square but when you press it then it kinda sounds as if though it is hitting a bit of metal. if you press it towards the left hand side then it doesn't always work - you have to press it directly on the center or towards the right...

is this normal? did anyone else experience this?

did anyone manage to get it fixed?

my product comes with one year warranty... but i think i might have to send it back to japan sony center. do you think that i could send it to the UK one and hope that they fix it? they are the same company!

i can live with it because i'm not a maniac thrashing the buttons but if the problem gets worse then i've got something to worry about...

tidusuk123
March 16th, 2005, 20:23
anyone?? i'm getting used to mine now...

Mimx
March 16th, 2005, 20:57
It depends. If you have the Japanese version then the square button was one of the biggest issues with the system. They way the system was setup the square button was not completely over the trigger so when pressed it just barely hit it. Later causing the button to stick or to get caught or some metal and then jamming. If you send it back to the SONY HQ in Japan they will fix it for you for free.

tidusuk123
March 16th, 2005, 23:19
Will they fix it and send it back to the UK? Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone have an address or a phone number?

Mimx
March 17th, 2005, 06:16
It doesnt matter where you are from, as long as you send it back to the Japan Sony HQ they wiill fix it. All you have to supply is the shipping fees.

tidusuk123
March 17th, 2005, 14:26
i'll probably get like 15 dead pixels with two international journeys! My square button is OK so i'll leave it until it breaks, if it ever breaks...

thanks for the help though.

leggy
March 18th, 2005, 08:38
Sony will repare it for free -

http://handheldheadquarters.com/main/modules/news/article.php?storyid=162

tidusuk123
March 18th, 2005, 21:15
do you think the UK repair center will fix it when the psp is released over here? i read somewhere that the US repair center will fix imported ones.