PDA

View Full Version : How bad(or good) is Red Steel??

ICE
November 21st, 2006, 03:59
I want people who have it to PLEASE tell me what they think of it. i had SUCH high hopes for it but i want to know what im getting myself into before hand. so c'mon and gimme some info.. :D

jangosolo
November 22nd, 2006, 15:27
I reckon Metroid will be the leader in this genre, Far Cry looks promising.

Red Steel got 6.5 in IGN, which is a shame, its perhaps too early for those expectations of sword play etc - give it time

Darksaviour69
November 22nd, 2006, 15:30
yeah, edge gave it 6/10 too, i believe

Amethyst
November 25th, 2006, 05:21
The original poster wasn't asking for review scores though. He wanted experienced first hand opinion from you guys.

I was looking forward to a good original FPS for the Wii at launch, foolish expectations, but I too would appreciate a first hand opinion not based on "professional" reviews.

fg-54
December 2nd, 2006, 00:30
i WOULD tell u how it is....but after i preordered! and camped out! i still couldn't get a wii.....so i have never played that game.:( :mad:

Shadowblind
December 2nd, 2006, 00:32
i WOULD tell u how it is....but after i preordered! and camped out! i still couldn't get a wii.....so i have never played that game.:( :mad:

Same here, except the camp out part. NEVER TRUST FYE!!!!

Bub
December 2nd, 2006, 01:26
I have played it, and yes it's awesome. You won't be dissapointed.

Darksaviour69
December 2nd, 2006, 01:29
actually edge give it 5/10, but they are very hard markers...

Knux896
December 2nd, 2006, 08:34
I reckon Metroid will be the leader in this genre, Far Cry looks promising.

Red Steel got 6.5 in IGN, which is a shame, its perhaps too early for those expectations of sword play etc - give it time

The funny thing about that is that when IGN UK reviewed Red Steel they gave it an 8/10. I personally feel that this is more of the score that a Red Steel deserves, especially since it is the first of its kind on the Wii.

Shilo
December 10th, 2006, 19:04
I have Red Steel, and it is a really good game. If you can look past the crappy voice acting and the cut scenes which are just still pictures. But the game play is really good :D And I don't see why people say the controls are "clunky and unresponsive". They work fine for me. It is defiantly worth buying.

S34MU5
December 24th, 2006, 18:46
I just got my Wii,
with red steel and zelda

Red steel is quite bad, i thought i would be good. i would agree with the mark 5/10.
It has some cool stuff turning your gun etc swords, but sometimes if you put the rmeot of screen the guy looks in any direction and the sensativity is ****ed.

ICE
December 26th, 2006, 04:35
ok well i got it and a Wii and its not a 6/10. its slightly better. like a 6.5/10.... nothing special..

jamiegibson
December 26th, 2006, 17:06
Well First impressions haven't been that good. The Auto-Targeting hardly helps as you still have to aim manually. And at the most important times the aiming goes crazy and is aiming in random places. Whether that was the Xmas lights, i don't know, but it has been disappointing.

ICE
December 27th, 2006, 04:15
i havent had any issues aiming its just that the game offers only a new control scheme and NOTHING more.

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2006, 05:16
I thought it was worth buying. It's not a great game, but multiplayer is pretty fun though. I just think this game was a little overhyped and everyone thought it was going to be this outstanding, FPS genre redefining game.

I do think Call of Duty 3 is the better all around though. You may want to check it out as well.

Zion
December 29th, 2006, 13:35
I got a wii yesterday, (swaped my broken 360 that i got 6 months ago in argos) for a wii :)

Got red steel, splinter cell and wii sports (getting zelda tomorrow)

Red steel is totaly underated. I would give it a good 9/10. The controls are great , it just takes some getting used to . i find it best if you put your arm on a chair and only use your wrist to control it.

Buy it its a great game

ICE
December 30th, 2006, 04:32
what'cha think of splinter cell??

jangosolo
December 30th, 2006, 21:01
I think Red Steel is a fun game, at first I had a nightmare with the controls but man its fun to play, its not the greatest game ever but I am having loads of fun with it

bobcobb
December 30th, 2006, 23:03
I bought far cry myself, because they didn't have red steel at best buy and I wanted to try out a FPS on the wii.

First impressions, I knew it was just a PC game rehashed for the wii, so I didn't expect anything insanely innovative as far as FPS go. However, I find the control scheme quite fun and different. It takes a bit of getting used to, and there are times when you yearn for a mouse and keyboard, but it is different and vastly more intuitive than playing on FPS with a controller.

I like it. I think we will only see more goodness coming from the FPS genre in time. I look forward to Metroid Prime 3 myself.

daymo
January 7th, 2007, 19:33
Red Steel is ok but not worth the £40 I paid for it,the sword play is annoying but the gun control is different enough to keep going at it.I would give it 6/10 if only because its a new Wii game,if this were on an xbox(original)or ps2 with normal controls I would give this 3/10......

LilSwish722
January 7th, 2007, 22:24
...so basically no one with a wii should buy it?