PDA

View Full Version : USB Flashdrive and USB keyboard?

Zobachka
November 21st, 2006, 11:44
Is PSP capable of working with USB Flash drives and USB keyboards?

bah
November 21st, 2006, 12:52
I thought the psp's USB port was only a slave device, which would mean it can only connect to a host (PC etc) and as such is unable to communicate with nor supply power to attached devices.

But it seems to talk and supply power to the new camera/gps attachments so I guess I was wrong.
Having said that, until there's software for the psp to allow either of those things, neither are possible.

So no, you cannot currently attach a USB keyboard or flash drive to your PSP. I wouldnt hold my breath on either.

Zobachka
November 21st, 2006, 13:35
There's "USB Host" option in IRSHELL. It can use a PC as big memorystick. So i think - flashdrives can be possible also. Of course you need special homebrews for it - but i can't see any movements in that direction.

And if there's ChottoShotto with USB plug - then there must be the way to plug any WebCam. And keyboards too.

I'm just curious - if there's someone who already worked on this task. Someone who can say "I tried but it seems impossible because of ...."...

pibs
November 21st, 2006, 14:49
there was also talk about how the usb port on the psp didn't suppy power but it seems that it does so power for a flashdrive shouldn't be a problem.

Vendeta
November 22nd, 2006, 01:02
Hey im making a keyboard... a usb keyboard would be pretty much impossible if it is it would take a year or 2 but there is program that lets u connect ur wireless keyboard to ur psp... im improving that to let u use ur keyboard on ur webbrowser....

Zobachka
November 22nd, 2006, 18:33
What kind of wireless keyboard? IrDA? =_=

Vendeta
November 23rd, 2006, 00:22
No there is a program that lets u run ur wireless keyboard (for computor) on ur psp but it hasent been updated in a century... so im makaing one... That will let u use ur wierless keyboard on ur psp web browser so u can use msn and shit on ur web browser...

hawke213x
November 23rd, 2006, 02:10
Very neat idea. What keyboards would be compatible?

cha0ticbliss
November 23rd, 2006, 02:12
So are you saying that the keyboard connects directly to the psp, or it goes through the computer which then gives data to the psp through something like wifi?

Or... something totally over my n00bish head

hawke213x
November 23rd, 2006, 02:15
I think the first one.^^

Vendeta
November 23rd, 2006, 05:09
It probly will go straight to the psp but if now it might go thorough the comp to boost the signial...