PDA

View Full Version : Bunch O Wii, PS3 Grades

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 18:23
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gizmodo/bunch-o-wii-ps3-grades-216350.php)

These are not meant to be, in anyway, complete reviews of the games, just quick impressions for each. I grade games from A to F. There is no A+ or F-. As a baseline for 360 owners, I just gave Gears of War an A-.

PS3
Blast Factor (C+): Retro shooter with an interesting twist, but not enough to be original.
Cash Gun Chaos (C): Fun little title, probably not worth $10, but still worth playing.
Dark Kingdom (D+): Role-Playing game with sub-par next-gen graphics and crappy controls.
Genji: Days of the Blade (C+): Button masher with impressive graphics and camera issues.
Gundam Crossfire (B): Fun, quasi-technical mech fighter with a steep learning curve and insane difficulty.
Madden 07: (C+): Madden 07, just with a tad better graphics and mostly useless motion controls.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (B-): Addictive slug-fest with amazing character choices.
NBA 07 (B+): Fast-paced, graphically impressive baller.
Need for Speed Carbon (C): Unimpressive graphics, generic racing.
Resistance: Fall of Man: (A-) Addictive, though not entirely original shooter with decent single player campaign and amazing online play.
Ridge Racer 7 (B-): Amazing arcade racer with intuitive controls and impressive graphics.
Tony Hawk's Project 8: (C-): Annoying controls, more of the same.

Wii
Excite Truck (B): Fun in short bursts, but not deep enough to be a mainstay.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (C-): Annoying, derivative crap with a new control mechanism.
The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (B): Another Zelda adventure with a few neat twists and interesting controls.
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (B): Nice port of the DS title, though a little too similar to the portable version of the game to be worthwhile for those who have played it.
Wii Sports (B-): One step above mini-games, fun, but more toy than game.

I'll make sure to add quickie grades as I play through more games.