PDA

View Full Version : clearing registration on my DC?

_AI_
March 15th, 2005, 03:27
So I bought a used DC and i've been using it for about 2 months now. It's great, I've learned how to program my own games, boot my own cd's, etc.. The trouble i'm having is I want my own information on the dreamcast rather than the previous owner's so I can use my DC to get online. Any help?

fackue
March 15th, 2005, 06:55
http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/tools/fisa.zip

I think this should do it. I pretty sure this is the tool that flashes all your internal setting to be as fresh as when it was first bought.

Burn it on a disc, and run it on your DC.

_AI_
March 15th, 2005, 21:27
Awesome, Thanks.

fackue
March 17th, 2005, 11:38
No problem, did it work?

gossy
April 16th, 2005, 10:23
another way to do it is open up the dc: behind the controller ports on the front there is a small CR2032 cell standing on its side -use a tweezer or paperclip to connect both sides to each other shorting it out for a shòrt time and the dreamcast's internal ram is now erased.

gossy
April 16th, 2005, 10:25
..short as in shòrt - less than a second
Do it for longer and the thing míght just blow up ;) It's really not as risky as all that and does save on burning a cdr :D

DCDayDreamer
April 16th, 2005, 16:37
It's not been released yet (sorry for the delay) but there's another mini compilation image soon to be available at DCEvo that'll have FISA and the memory flashrom selectable from the menu (along with a load of other games, apps etc.). The memory flashrom is the easiest and quickest way to do what you want - select at the menu, press A to launch, wait about 3 seconds, reboot your DC and it's like it was when it first came out of the box.

EDIT: Just realised I've replied to a bump on a month old topic, sorry!

fackue
April 18th, 2005, 01:16
DCDayDreamer - you may want to put a warning in the description about what it is, because it does not confirm that it's going to erase the flashrom or whatever.

_AI_
April 18th, 2005, 02:20
No problem, did it work?

Sure Did! Thanks!!

Grimgravy014
April 20th, 2005, 02:33
you can also just press X and B when turning on your dreamcast to erase your memory... OR at least i think its X and B. Well i knwo you can erase it by pressing buttons ive dont it before.

fackue
April 20th, 2005, 04:08
you can also just press X and B when turning on your dreamcast to erase your memory... OR at least i think its X and B. Well i knwo you can erase it by pressing buttons ive dont it before.
Yeah, it need to be pressed on the controller in port B, IIRC.