PDA

View Full Version : 2.71/2.80 hybrid firmware direct load working on SE-B!!!

wraggster
November 21st, 2006, 20:28
credits to JAMESBDX for this tutorial

ok before i start, there is one small con to this method : this flashes your firmware, i am in no way responsable for any bricks

the advantages :

1) no need for devhook, this is direct from XMB!
2) works with no umd in drive!!!

installation (the tricky part)

CAUTION : DO THIS ON A FRESH SE-B (NO ADDON MODS LIKE GAMEBOOTS, PRX LOADERS ETC)

1) i presume you're on se-b" so i won't dwelve into that
2) you need four 2.80 prxes which are :
- mscm.prx ........ rename it to mscm_280.prx
- mesg_led.prx........ rename it to mesg_led_280.prx
- registry.prx......... rename it to registry_280.prx
- utility.prx........ rename it to utility_280.prx
Place these four renamed prxes in the root of your memory stick.
3)you need psp filer (1.9 is the latest, http://www.geocities.jp/mediumgauge/) in the game150 folder

now this is EXACTLY the instructions i used for this to work, as i said before if you're unsure what you're doing don't bother! and i won't be reliable for any OMFG! i've got a brick etc etc posts. now to continue...

4)open psp filer (for english language press select, o, x) and enter hacker mode (L + dpad left + R)
5)you should see that you're in ms0 and hopefully you'll see at the bottom of your list the four prxes.
6)highlight all four (by pressing square on each one) and then press x
7)you should see a copy to ramdisk option with circle show up, if so press circle. once copied press circle again
8)now press start several times until you see you're in flash0
9)you'll see the kn folder, place your arrow on it and press x
10)you should see the option "paste all folders from ramdisk" with circle. if so press circle and press again circle to exit
11)press select + start to leave psp filer
12)if you return to xmb, it's a good sign everythings worked okay.
13)plug in the usb and create a folder in msroot called reflash and paste the attached pspbtcnf_game folder inside
14) shut off your psp and go to recovery mode. go to advanced, flash pspbtcnf_game.txt (2.71) and press x. WARNING, it's important you don't screw this part up so make sure it reads what i just wrote
15)go back to your xmb and run your game!!!

splodger15
November 21st, 2006, 20:47
What does thid do Wraggy

tuta
November 22nd, 2006, 14:22
This is a mod for 2.71seb" that puts some 2.8 prx so it has better compat with umd games.
I read in maxconsole and they report some games that require 2.81 dont work but it can with this mod.

This release wraggy posted flashes to flash theres a devhook hybrid mod check it out at psphacks
Havent tried it but all their reports were based on 2.81 backups not umds

hawke213x
November 22nd, 2006, 16:35
Thats pretty coolexcept for there tests were based on backups.....is that even remotely reliable?

Mr. Shizzy
November 22nd, 2006, 17:58
There is already a auto installer for this out. I found it on the net. I'm sure the read me says who made it. Here it is, for anyone interested. :)

markbarkins
November 22nd, 2006, 20:24
Does anyone know if the non-flash devhook has a no UMD option?

hawke213x
November 23rd, 2006, 01:19
Yay, cool, even though I have ****ing 2.82. Damn $ony!

hellno bigs
November 24th, 2006, 17:04
would this let have 2.80 net xperience

williams568
November 25th, 2006, 19:14
i have followed all your steps but tony hawks loads but crashes any idea

the_eternal_dark
November 25th, 2006, 21:01
i have followed all your steps but tony hawks loads but crashes any idea

Are you using the UMD or an ISO (you are a bad person if you are)? The UMD should load fine, though, I haven't got my TH game, my sis does, she could probably tell you whether or not.

williams568
November 26th, 2006, 11:16
i am using an cso i didn't try an iso maybe ill change the format what do you think???????????

acn010
November 26th, 2006, 11:18
no iso discussion, period!

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2006, 11:24
There's has been tons of iso talk recently with, it seems, very little punishment being handed out.
Come on mods! Clamp down on iso/cso talk!

acn010
November 26th, 2006, 11:28
There's has been tons of iso talk recently with, it seems, very little punishment being handed out.
Come on mods! Clamp down on iso/cso talk!

not necessary,(well maybe) but people are talking its compatibility of the emu and no person is requesting for the ISO's

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2006, 13:13
I wasn't speaking about this instance particularly, but rather in general. Especially with the fact there have been a lot of new members signing up recently, and their first questions are either "Can somebody help with my iso?" or How do I downgrade my 2.8/1/3.00/1 PSP?"
I don't mind helping anyone, as my post count shows, but since I got issued a warning for helping someone with the ps1 bios files, I have been more concious of other rule-breaking. It just seems to me that iso talk goes unpunished recently. I maybe wrong, but it stinks of double-standards.

End of rant.
Sorry if I offend. I'm not getting at anyone in particular, more the general state of DCEmu.