PDA

View Full Version : How To Boot CDs?

Black Jackal
March 15th, 2005, 11:50
Sorry to be a newbie, but how do you boot CD-Rs? Do you need a mod-chip or something?

curt_grymala
March 15th, 2005, 12:42
This is a good place to start (http://dcevolution.net/DCHelp/Sbindv4_Tut.shtml)

Black Jackal
March 17th, 2005, 12:01
Yeah, i did all that and it booted up, but only it freezes at the Inducer screen with bannana and dreamcast. Pressing Start makes the screen disappear, but it goes black, and there is no files listed - can somebody help?

curt_grymala
March 17th, 2005, 13:48
Well, I'm not sure why there are no files listed, but I can tell you why the screen disappears when you press Start. Pressing Start in DreamInducer will actually exit the program (if you're not loading it over a cable, it will basically just result in a black screen of death). You need to press A in order to select something.

Are you certain that you extracted all of your SBI files?

Black Jackal
April 5th, 2005, 10:53
Can somebody explain this to me set-by-step, as i can not get this work!

ptr.exe
April 5th, 2005, 17:41
The link above to DChelp is really all you need, as someone said don't press start as it exits the program and the reason you don't have any files listed is because you didnt put any in the SBI folder before you extracted (nothing).

Just look at the tutorial on the link, its really easy and helps you step by step. When i first got into the DC scene i wasted well over 20 CD-Rs trying to get the bloody thing to work when really its pretty simple :) good luck.

Darksaviour69
April 5th, 2005, 17:45
Shanic, have you got anything running on you dc?

go to dcevo and download one of there cd images, as i most of them are made with inducer.

i still think that one of the files (sbi files) is breaking it for you

Black Jackal
April 11th, 2005, 09:46
Just a little question for VTA - where do you put your roms?

ptr.exe
April 11th, 2005, 20:42
I think before you extract there should be a folder inside the emu that is usually named 'roms'. However it might be after you extract in the SBI folder, can't remember havent burnt any emu's in ages, for a test the easiest thing to burn is a simple homebrew game you can download from this site.

curt_grymala
April 12th, 2005, 01:25
The folders don't show up until after you extract the SBI's. :)

Black Jackal
April 12th, 2005, 11:06
Yeah i extracted the SBi, but i don't know where to put the roms - the only folders there are is Emu, Themes and something else. So where do i put them?

curt_grymala
April 12th, 2005, 13:45
I believe VTA supports directory browsing, so you can make any folder you want within /Inducer/ and then pop your roms into there. Make a folder called something like /Inducer/gba/ and put your VTA roms in there.

Black Jackal
April 12th, 2005, 14:01
Cheers fo that, i'll give it a whirl.

lukej101
April 12th, 2005, 18:10
Just get the Dreamcast Image file and use BIN2Boot+GUI from here (http://www.megagames.com/dc/dc_utils_bootcd.shtml) . This will turn non-sbi images to a .cdi format which will self boot without a mod-chip. Simple drag & drop interface.

Black Jackal
April 15th, 2005, 13:37
I'm now having a new prob - all my burned CD-Rs don't progress past the start-up screen, it just goes black. Any help?

Eric
April 15th, 2005, 14:23
that could because the 1ST_Read.bin isnt scrambled or you havent burned at lower speeds

Black Jackal
April 15th, 2005, 15:35
that could because the 1ST_Read.bin isnt scrambled or you havent burned at lower speeds

So how do i do that?