PDA

View Full Version : PSP Revolution v0.3

DeNitro
November 22nd, 2006, 10:32
PSP Revolution v0.3 is complete!

(Attached at bottom of post)

For those that are new to the game, PSP Revolution is a StepMania/DDR style game based on music and rhythm where sequences of arrows scroll up the screen in beat to a song. When the arrows reach the indicator at the top of the screen, you must hit the corresponding button. Up / Down / Left / Right buttons are used in conjunction with /\ / X / [] / O buttons to hit the arrows. The difficulty of the song is indicated by the number of feet that are lit up in the song select screen. The difficulty of most songs can be changed by pressing Left or Right while in the song select screen.

Since this is a game based on music, Headphone or Earphones are recommended for the best sound experience!

Additional songs can be downloaded from sites such as http://www.bemanistyle.com, http://www.flashflashrevolution. com and http://www.stepmania.com. Some songs/packs may be in .smzip format and can still be extracted using Winzip or Winrar.

Highlights in this version include: MUCH improved gameplay and song compatibility, New step detection based on timing windows, New score system very similar to MAX 2, Dynamic background changes, and many many more...

Also included in this release is a new theme by Renpatsu you can select in the Options Screen.

Full Changelog:

(NEW/CHANGED)
-Added 2 "Hide" mods in song option screen - Dark and Blind
-Added 1 "Effects" mod in song options screen - Dizzy
-Added support for dynamic background changes read from .SM files with option to toggle on and off
-Step hit detection now based on a timing window that is consistent across all BPM ranges
-Set timing windows on step hits set to be identical to In the Groove (which is very close to StepMania Judge 4)
-Added .GIF and .BMP file support
-Added song background scaling options and sampling modes into system options screen
-Song select screen now shows a song's lowest and highest BPM speed
-New grading and scoring system based off of DDR MAX 2
-Score Screen Redesigned
-Song Preview Music now plays proper section of a song instead of from the beginning
-Added a slight delay to preview playback for a better feel when selecting songs
-Combined the top arrow base file with the top arrow file to save a draw each frame
-Song background images now scale to fit the PSP screen by default
-Max song image size supported increased to 1024x768+
-Changed logic for main menu music playback when selecting themes
-Screenshots now saved as .JPG's to the PSP's photo folder (1.5 firmware doesn't show .PNG's)
-Top arrow animation changed to flash at 1/4th the songs current bpm, and step animation frames sync to match
-Changed song loading so that .SM file is preferred over .DWI file and will always be used first if available
-Normalized difficulty text to be consistent using Beginner, Easy, Medium, Hard, Challenge, and Other
-Improved in game score display to be animated and always display 9 digits
-Song and pack lists are now sorted alphabetically
-Added a noise-shaping and dithering algorithm to mp3 playback for increased audio accuracy
-New step explosion effects that are now colored to match type of hit
-Added an option for a delay to exit a song with the R-trigger (2 seconds by Default)
-Added theme metrics support for more game customization. See the instructions.txt in the theme folder.
-Song and Pack names that are too long to display will now scroll
-Added 3 new arrow colors and better separated step colors by where in the current beat the step falls
-Up and Down on D-pad may now be held for fast scrolling of pack and song lists
-Current theme selection and CPU speed are now saved and reloaded when restarting the game
-Improved resource handling to maintain a higher amount of free linear memory space
-Greatly receded memory usage of step and beat information when a song is loaded to play
-Significantly decreased game and song load times

(FIX)
-Improved syncing for a few songs which were still off, such as a few in the DDR 8th mix pack
-Fixed a bug that caused a rare sound glitch in the beginning of certain song files
-Fixed themes loading of custom sound effect (.wav) files
-Fixed bug(?) in libTremor that was causing slight instabilities due to an ~7KB memory leak on song changes (OGG library)
-Correct theme is highlighted when entering/re-entering the theme change menu
-Fixed banner support for jpegs
-Changed screenshot logic to prevent cases of overwriting older screenshots
-SMANIAC(SM) and Challange(DWI) steps feet color set to purple
-Freezes and and BPM changes no longer cause sync issues in songs
-MP3 and OGG audio that is not encoded at 44.1 kHz is now resampled to play correctly
-Fixed playback of 1 channel (Mono) OGG song files
-Fixed bug that caused speed mods to loose accuracy
-Fixed instabilities when running with an eLoader

Here's a screenshot of the Title screen menu
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/DeNitro2/PSP-Revolution-Titlescreen.png

Here's a screenshot of the new Dizzy mod in action
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/DeNitro2/PSP-Revolution-Gameplay1.png

Have Fun!!

The PSP Revolution Team,
--Babak Delkhoon (DeNitro - Programming)
--Matt Sachse (Devin923 - Graphics)

Napalm-Death
November 22nd, 2006, 12:45
Yes!! Thank youuuuuuuu!!! The new modes look awesome! :D

Sigiku
November 23rd, 2006, 21:12
this is probly a noob question but will it run on a 2.71 ta 082 and if it can can i have some links for things i need to make it run

mikebeaver
November 23rd, 2006, 21:53
Does it have a few song packs in the zip file, or do i have to find them elsewhere? thanks

Hobobo
November 24th, 2006, 08:48
Nice game =p

Very fun :D

DeNitro
November 29th, 2006, 01:33
Here's a Patch to bring the game up to version 0.3a

It's mainly fixes in this update. I'm hoping it fixes the few problems that have been reported in v0.3.

Intallation:
(Must have version 0.3 installed prior to installing this patch)
Copy the proper PSPR Folders(s) to your PSP's "/psp/game/" folder. Click yes to overwrite the files when prompted.

Changes:
-Fixed problem loading songs created with Dancing Monkeys/Gorilla (Causing Crash)
-Fixed rare (but repeatable) crash when Dizzy mod was enabled
-Fixed preview music not at right position in VBR encoded songs
-Fixed preview music playing only playing first 2 seconds of some songs
-Fixed arrow colors shifting off during some songs
-Fixed error when the PSP comes back from being suspended during gameplay
-Fixed rare case of a single step being read out of order
-Added support for #DISPLAYBPM tag in .SM files

Thanks for all the great feedback you guys have given =)

--DeNitro

acn010
November 29th, 2006, 01:53
thank you DeNitro for the patch i was wondering why some songs freezes my psp....

gunntims0103
November 29th, 2006, 02:04
great work denitro

sedkiller
November 29th, 2006, 04:00
Yea nice a new PSP Revolution.. im gona move my thumb !

m0th
November 29th, 2006, 07:58
Can someone PM that has knowledge of the game is a crazy fan and lemme know WHY I should play it and HOW? I got my hands on DJ Max and honestly its a game for tweakers. Despite its uninspiring animation, all you're doing is hitting buttons as you are told to hit them. Its like a cracked out version of Simon Says and he always "says Simon says..." but at gatling gun speed (prolly need to be on it to play this). To me this game is a great way to develop carpal tunnel syndrome at a very very young age and not even getting payed for it. This game and its ilk are horrible in my first impressions. If you want a more solid game that uses rythm but is more freestyle check out B-Boy. Other rewarding games that use sound and freeform strategy are lumines, luamines, ever extend (extra), there's strategy involved just not mindlessy hitting a set combination of buttons OVER and OVEr and OVEr and did I mention? OVER and OVEr and over...... if I want that Ill go back to MK and mindlessly enter in set fatalities.... cheesy but more visually satisfying.

splodger15
November 29th, 2006, 17:15
Nice work denitro

toto
December 1st, 2006, 15:06
thank you very much.

Alucardmoon
February 7th, 2007, 07:45
can videos play in background?

slim142
July 8th, 2007, 06:34
How do I install this on FW 3.40OE-A?

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 06:44
Put it in PSP/GAME150

l33t_haxz0r
July 8th, 2007, 08:37
thats cool, can the 1.0 version be used on 3.40 Oe-a? or does 1.5 work for 3.40 only?

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 17:48
You can use 1.00 and 1.50 versions in 3.40 OE-A

l33t_haxz0r
July 8th, 2007, 21:25
so, where would i put the 1.0 eboots? I have my kernal set as 1.5

keichi
August 6th, 2007, 18:31
HI there

i see it and looks very cool, but i have a little questions...

when i start the game, can i enter to "Game mode"?, i want to play it but in PUMP IT UP MODE, and i think this mode its not implemented in this SM Version

can you say me how can i set a PIU MODE, im not have knowledge about programming in PSP, but im really star in it if you say me somethink about modify this version (if you give me permission obviusly :P)

thanks and bye :)

mads16
August 22nd, 2007, 21:12
Heeeya.
I'm using firmware 3.02 OE-B (downloaded flashers or whatever the word is, and upgraded it) so I could play PSX games on it, now I don't want to change it - so I can keep on playing my PSX games on my PSP, but I'd also like to play PSP Revolution, is there any way for me to do this?
Thanks.

EDIT: lol, it worked when I putted it into game150, sorry for this post - please delete it.

l0aded
December 16th, 2007, 11:40
just to get things clear (sorry for my noobness).
does PSPR work on version 3.40 OE-A?

or do i have to downgrade to play?

Churros007
December 21st, 2007, 23:17
I cant seem to find a thread with any information about how to use the DDRGenv2... I would really like to step my own songs, but I have no idea how to use it, so if someone knows how, could they tell me how?

Xeiqishi
January 4th, 2008, 23:45
does it worth with version psp 3.71?

crazy_biker420
June 5th, 2009, 10:01
it says it cannot prosses the loading bar bmp file...