PDA

View Full Version : about packaged psp?

xg917
November 22nd, 2006, 13:13
if i buy a new psp from the store right now, what firmware do you think i will get?

cuz i saw everything about homebrew and im ready to play, all i need is a fw1.5 psp, i know they dont sell those in stores anymore but if they are packaged with fw lower than 2.8 then i can downgrade to 1.5

EDIT: never mind, i solved this :D

VampDude
November 22nd, 2006, 20:36
if i buy a new psp from the store right now, what firmware do you think i will get?

cuz i saw everything about homebrew and im ready to play, all i need is a fw1.5 psp, i know they dont sell those in stores anymore but if they are packaged with fw lower than 2.8 then i can downgrade to 1.5

EDIT: never mind, i solved this :D

Even Thou You've Solved It, Here's For The Others

firmware 2.80 which is'nt downgradable as of yet, or a 2.71 with a TA-082 motherboard...

...very soon it will be 2.82 (which sadly is required to play the LocoRoco Haloween demo), if anyone wants to play homebrew I advise shopping online for a 1.50 2.0 or 2.6 rather than in stores as stores will only stockup with the newer firmware models of psp due to the psp being popular and SONY constantly updating them and the newer games reqiuring a higher firmware.

I could go on forever, but im not gonna bore everyone!

xg917
November 22nd, 2006, 23:32
what you have to do is look where the bar code is and next to that has info and a certain letter and i will have to choose, letters: ABCDEFG or H to be able to downgrade and use homebrewing