PDA

View Full Version : Im am now once again a Dreamcast owner!

ICE
November 23rd, 2006, 01:52
Yep i got mine with an extra controller and a video memory card or unit or whatever for $30 with a UFC game that didn't work. Then today i got Soul Reaver, which is a very good game by the way, and Resident Evil DS for another $30. and then 10 seconds ago i ordered a 1gb memory stick for $23..... i gotta stop spending money........ anywho im a dreamcaster again so yay!! :D

Oh and how easy is it use homebrew via dreamcast??

JKKDARK
November 23rd, 2006, 02:01
It's called Visual Memory Unit ;)

Anyway, homebrew on Dreamcast is very easy. You only make the image about your emulator, demo or any homebrew file and burn it to a CD-R using diskjuggler. Also, check if your Dreamcast wasn't made after 2001 (only if it's american), because these units don't run cd's.

ICE
November 23rd, 2006, 04:59
how do i know when it was made? is there a date on it somewhere? google??

Smurph
November 23rd, 2006, 07:58
how do i know when it was made? is there a date on it somewhere? google??

The sticker on the bottom. also look for a number in a circle on the bottom right corner of said sticker. if the number is '1', chances are, it will boot homebrew.

Baboon
November 23rd, 2006, 20:20
Yep i got mine with an extra controller and a video memory card or unit or whatever for $30 with a UFC game that didn't work. Then today i got Soul Reaver, which is a very good game by the way, and Resident Evil DS for another $30. and then 10 seconds ago i ordered a 1gb memory stick for $23..... i gotta stop spending money........ anywho im a dreamcaster again so yay!! :D

Oh and how easy is it use homebrew via dreamcast??

Be sure to check out mame4all all on the DC: http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html#Downloads

Most of the old classics run very nicely (bubble, bobble, robocop, final fight, tmnt etc). :)