PDA

View Full Version : Mac Osx

elamar
November 23rd, 2006, 11:32
I know linux is out for the ps3 but I was wondering
when will Tiger OSX coming out for the ps3.
They said It would support Mac. Linux is a pain in the
butt to use, Tiger is poetry. I understand they put
linux out first because it's free and to attract hackers,
but we want a real OS not something made for programmers & pro hackers.http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

Darksaviour69
November 23rd, 2006, 12:05
to the best of my knowledge mac os x will not run on the ps3 at the moment, and i would guess that it would need a serious about of hacking to get it running, and mac os x is not a linux app, but partially based in linux.

has anyone got mac os x running on the linux P.C. ?

elamar
November 23rd, 2006, 13:35
I have read the article from the head of sony, he said
himself that mac osx would run on ps3, Originally sony
went to apple to use the cell processor in the new apples
but apple decided to go with intel. they both (linux/apple) are PPc based and I thick they should be more
combatable than something like windows.

Darksaviour69
November 23rd, 2006, 14:28
from what i read they said the ps3 could potentially support osx, but nothing has come from it

at the moment its not officially supported, and i doudt it will, but i would not be surprised if down the road some smart bugger get its going (via a lot of hacking)

Accordion
November 23rd, 2006, 22:13
apple will never support MAC OS on any other platform, but i do think [and hope soon] it is possible

Smurph
November 23rd, 2006, 23:41
apple will never support MAC OS on any other platform, but i do think [and hope soon] it is possible

True, apple doesn't support it, but I've got a DVD here labeled "Mac OSX x86 Edition".

elamar
November 24th, 2006, 08:28
I've got a panther and a tiger disk waiting for something
to happen.
Let's all prey to the apple gods for this to happen because " An Apple a Day keeps the Windows Away"