PDA

View Full Version : NEW DCastaway!!

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 16:04
Just downloaded this one, gonna burn it tonight, WOOOOHOOO, now heres two guys who deserve all the adulation around, STEP FORWARD GUYS THIS IS A GREAT BIG STEP FOR DC ONE SMALL STEP TOWARDS UTTER GREATNESS

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 17:57
damn!!! its a bin file does anyone know how I should set about burning this as a selfboot emu???

curt_grymala
March 16th, 2005, 18:06
Use Selfboot, BootDreams or DSSBS Final.

Is it called 1st_Read.bin, or is it called something else? If it's called something else, then you definitely want to check it with LyingWake's FileChecker (get it from http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/ ). Make certain that it's scrambled, and renamed to 1st_Read.bin before trying to burn it with Selfboot, DSSBS Final or BootDreams.

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 22:09
thanks a lot, but...I seem to be having a few probs with beta 2 at the moment, I'm not sure wether I am following the right instructions, the ones I use are a little splintered, but all the help is apreciated

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 22:11
oh, also i use Dir2Boot, is this ok?

curt_grymala
March 16th, 2005, 22:41
oh, also i use Dir2Boot, is this ok?

That should be fine. I just usually forget that one, since the only time I've ever used it was when I made the tutorial on how to use it. :)

Make sure you've got the bin file that came with the program
Make sure it's scrambled (use the FileChecker)
Make sure it's called 1st_Read.bin
Make sure you've got an IP.bin in the directory with your 1st_Read.bin
Follow the directions on using Dir2Boot

IIRC, DCaSTaway requires a bios image, so you'll have to make sure that's in the correct place, and has the correct filename. You will also want to place your roms in the correct place. If the readme file that came with this version is difficult to understand (or if a readme wasn't included) try locating the readme from the last version. I seem to remember being able to understand that readme when I made the SBI.

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 23:01
OK, I got this working I think!!! But hells teeth man, this is bloody slow when you try to select a rom!!! seems to take forever!!! I'll keep u posted peeps

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 23:02
thanks man

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 23:03
seems to be on an endless search!!

scrabbus
March 16th, 2005, 23:14
ok, sorry about the small useless posts! I have got beta 2 to work, a few probs with the joypads though, some games no longer recognise the pad. The version I just burned was the atest one the madrid one, it just searches endlessly for the roms, I left it for 15 minutes and it still seemed to be searching for them, I follewed the instructions to the letter on beta 2, Curt's advice worked a treat, so i assumed that this one would be the same...Until it came time to find a rom!! Can Anyone Help?

DARKGATE
March 16th, 2005, 23:15
I HAVE used DCHAKKER, th file.bin is an unscrambed if you use a program, for create a selfboot, the emu don't work.
Repeat used dchakker and when appear the list, select the bin of emu and press "Y" and open the file, the program start well.

-----------------------------------------------------
The emu is perfect, but the sound effect in more games don't work, "BARBARIAN 1 E 2, GAUNTLET 1 E 2 and others.
The new sistem of menu for read the list of image disk is TERRIBLE, RUBBISH, TRASH,DISQUS, but whyyy? :( i have more of 200 games put in compilations disk images , and the system for read it, intemploys more of TEN MINUTES first of read all the list.
But the more thing serious is wich much games of the list is'nt read,
EXAMPLE : i have LAST NINJA 3, but the program don't read LAST NINJA 3, and i can't select him, why don't see in the system of read :(.
The problem of comand of pad now is perfect, all the games work.
This version is fantastic, but the system of read of image disk is a back step.
I am very sorry, and disappointed.
p.s. the games wich freeze the emu in beta 2 freeze in beta 3.

scrabbus
March 17th, 2005, 16:40
Yes, I too found all of the above!! Its simply unplayable, 10 minutes was being generous, we tried it and found more like 15 minutes or more which is all dependant on the number of roms/images you have on the disk. Can you save to VMU on this one? I do have a lot of patience, but to be honest after several very long waiting periods between disk selections, I got very annoyed, it hampers what should be a near perfect Emu. If there is an easier, MUCH quicker way to read the disks then this would get a 9 out of 10 at the moment (AND NO DISRESPECT TO THE CODERS HERE WHATSOEVER) its a 6.5-7 at best. So there you have it, This can be great (I think beta's one and two were amazing pieces of coding), So if anyone has any suggestions...

ron
March 18th, 2005, 16:47
The problem with the long time that directories takes when reading directories and caching the games will be arranged in the final version. We're sorry.

scrabbus
March 18th, 2005, 21:08
No really Ron, it's not that I'm complaining, Beta 1 and 2 will keep me occupied for the time being, I've already raised a glass with friends all because of your tremendous achievment. The final version will be awaited with sweaty palms and baited breath!!
You guys have made this 31 yr old very happy, evenings filled with nostalgeic delight! WELL DONE!!

DARKGATE
March 21st, 2005, 15:16
I hope that this version final arrivals soon, and then I would be happy to see the emu Amiga with novelty, ^^ the emu uaeall ?
I remember SPRING for a new version ^_^
But first go to end the emu atari st, is near to perfect, RON, CHUI,today make the final version, and tomorrow we burn the emu in cd-rom :D EHEHEHEH.
p.s. obviously I am joking but I hope that don't spend too much time.

scrabbus
March 24th, 2005, 10:30
me too, this Emu has been a joy for me, so come on people get behind these FAB coders, its what they deserve. THIS IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW VERSATILE THE DC REALLY IS