PDA

View Full Version : Ok considering I just founf out I think I had an aneurism.

hawke213x
November 24th, 2006, 06:06
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/11/17/ps3-supports-homebrew-did-you-get-one/

Ok so regarding this story, why are they so against the PSP running homebrew and not the PS3??? The PS3 supports Linux as well (menaing Mozilla yayness!!) but still, is it that Sony is trying to just make peoplse lazier with there homebrew gaming and make them sit down and play versus walking around your home and playing? At least your exercising and hey even with decent shading you can go outside? I mean honestly! This is unfair to us that only have and can afford a PSP.
So this means youd have to spend a copious amount of cash to have official homebrew support. This is bullshit and unfair! One last thing. Homebrew is helping the PSP greatly and if official support for it is added, that means more sales for $ony and more support for there handheld which in turn everyones happy. So in conclusion, unless Sony is planning on releasing a firmware that officially supports homebrew, we 2.82ers and until something is found within 3.0-01, we are left out in the cold. Granted nothings been made for PS3 that Ive seen but soon is a definite.

~Mike

NoQuarter
November 24th, 2006, 06:14
I still say sony is actually in favor of homebrew in general but don't want to alienate their liscensee's.
Unfortunately having the means to use homebrew on the psp also means piracy, which is why I agree that sony needs to release a homebrew friendly firmware.
Just not covertly....

hawke213x
November 25th, 2006, 07:13
Ok well my head still hurts.