View Full Version : Sony PS3 fails out of box

Darksaviour69
November 24th, 2006, 11:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E7oBYXjOG4

brand new, broken ps3.

is this going to be a common problem?

Furu
December 8th, 2006, 11:22
It's not broken. You can do it on almost any slot type cd/dvd player. I just reproduced the same thing with my PS3. Just dont let the device suck in the dics even though it tries. That's why he insert the disc really slow and holds it also from the center. Afterwards the device stops trying to get the discs, but works normal when you re-insert the disc. Of course you can do the same "broken disc" trick if you want. Feel free to try at home.

Xiofire
January 7th, 2007, 20:00
Sounds like there is another disc in the drive if you ask me. But meh
-Xiofire

Shrygue
January 7th, 2007, 20:28
That video was hilarious, seeing that PS3 console couldn't load a disk in the drive! :D But yes, I it may well be the fault of the user trying to load it and not doing it right.

F9zDark
January 7th, 2007, 21:07
Yeah this is certainly a PEBCAC problem... err well a PEBPS3AC problem.

Junixx
January 7th, 2007, 21:14
Huh? so you mean you have to load the CD in a certain way or it wont work? :confused:

F9zDark
January 7th, 2007, 21:50
Problem
Exists
Between
Play
Station
And
Chair

In other words, this person is a ****ing retard. You just insert the disc and the drive will pick it up gently and pull it in. If you hold the disc as it tries that, the drive will stop trying so as not to damage the disc or the drive.

No reason to try and defame Sony over a safety measure.

Sterist
January 8th, 2007, 16:32
el oh el

hksrb25s14
March 5th, 2007, 09:26
It's doing the same thing as a multi disc cd player (when it's full of disc) So, my bet is on another disc being in the drive already.