PDA

View Full Version : Jet fighter simulation too real for mobile videogames

wraggster
April 19th, 2012, 22:59
Industry rookies are proclaiming the end to mobile video gaming with the release of ShowGun from Lost-Ride Industries. These individuals feel that the realistic nature of this just-released iPhone game compares too closely to what real jet-fighters go through on a daily basis.

"ShowGun is a window into another world, a world I want to be a part of," proclaims a close friend of the game's creator. "I've already broken two phones thinking the touchscreen was just a glass window covering the entrance to this amazing new world! It didn't even occur to me that I can't fit through my phone."

And he's not the only one who's enamored by ShowGun, there's at least two more people who feel the same. And here's why:

ShowGun offers:
- Super simple one-touch controls suitable for all ages
- A single player campaign and same-iPhone multiplayer
- A wide variety of jets, some with special abilities
- Star rankings in single player mode for increased replayability

Where should the mobile games industry go from here? How can you build a more realistic jet-fighting game than ShowGun if ShowGun is the perfect jet-fighting game?

"That's a real good question," responds ShowGun's creator. "I imagine it might have something to do with virtual reality, or haptic feedback, or any number of fringe technologies gaining mainstream appeal. But for now, since the world is not ready for the realism that ShowGun contains, we've added one more feature to the game:"

- Fun retro graphics

Pricing & Availability:

ShowGun is available for free on the iPhone App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/showgun/id505818261?ls=1&mt=8