PDA

View Full Version : few questions...

Accordion
November 24th, 2006, 19:12
firstly i have never owned a gamecube, and bieng slightly less convinced by the Wii launch titles [except zelda which im getting of course] i am thinking of investing in some of the previously overlooked gamecube titles.

so heres the questions
1) am i right in thinking the classic controller will not work with gamecube games...and if not why not?

2) how does the classic controller connect to the wiimote...i remember seeing concept pics of the wiimote sliding in the back so future Wii games which use a more conventional method of control can still have motion capabilities...however from recent pics this doesnt seem to be the case?

3) do wireless gamecube controllers work on the wii?

4) what over Wii game would you recommend, something multiplayer?

xcjzerox
November 24th, 2006, 19:22
okay if you want Iam selling a gamecube
idk if you want it or not but here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290053208991&rd=1&rd=1
wirelles controller works on the game cube perfetly
and I own one and the best game right now is Legend of Zelda: Twilight Prinicess for me do

for two players could be
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
or call of duty 3 I sure getting both of them and good luck and youre future

Accordion
November 24th, 2006, 20:12
erm, im getting a Wii , i dont want another gamecube. i was asking if wireless cube controllers work on the Wii? and Call of Duty isnt multiplayer?

Shane R. Monroe
November 24th, 2006, 21:01
There is nothing on the Wii that is online play. Red Steel has a 4 player multiplayer deathmatch.

MOST DS games are multiplayer to some extent. Trauma Center isn't (right off the top of my head).

curt_grymala
November 25th, 2006, 04:41
1) am i right in thinking the classic controller will not work with gamecube games...and if not why not?

From what I've seen, that is correct. Only Gamecube controllers work with the Gamecube. I don't know why, as I was not one of the geniuses behind coming up with the Wii.

2) how does the classic controller connect to the wiimote...i remember seeing concept pics of the wiimote sliding in the back so future Wii games which use a more conventional method of control can still have motion capabilities...however from recent pics this doesnt seem to be the case?

I don't know. I don't have one of the classic controllers. I would assume it hooks into the bottom of the Wii-mote, just as any other extended controller does on the Wii.

3) do wireless gamecube controllers work on the wii?

They probably will, but it will mean you'll have to use your Wii horizontally rather than vertically, as the Gamecube controller ports are on the top of the Wii when it's set up vertically.

4) what over Wii game would you recommend, something multiplayer?

Wii Sports, which comes with the Wii, is an absolute blast.

Monkeyball is great, but the main game is not multi-player. However, it does come with 50 minigames built in that are all multi-player.

Quay Cur
November 29th, 2006, 02:35
My friend's Wavebird worked fine with his Wii. I haven't been able to test a classic controller and i have an email out to nintendo asking about that.

for multiplayer games (aside from wii sports, which is amazing) there's really only that football one and red steel. I have never and will never buy a football game, but i did get red steel. The best way to describe it is unfinished. the menus are terrifyingly bad, so bad that if there weren't on-screen instructions telling me what to do i wouldn't have been able to start it. the aiming is also very loose compared to zelda and even the main wii interface. and the story's kind of bland. rent it first. i'll probably return mine or sell it on ebay.