PDA

View Full Version : Supercard Lite Homebrew?

DestinedToFall
November 25th, 2006, 18:44
I have tried various home brew apps on my Super Card Lite Rumble. However; each time I try to run one of the .NDS files I just get a white screen. I understand there is some sort of patcher I need to get these things to work on microSD/SD cards but I don't know which one. I tried the official super card patcher software but it gives me some sort of rumble pack error. I also tried scmhpb, but every .nds file I try gives me a "probably not a NDS file". Now either every homebrew app in the world has been compiled wrong or, I am doing something wrong. My money is on the latter:p . Any Help?

Thanx in advance!

Benedictine
November 25th, 2006, 21:04
Try updating your SC. Copy the .bin updating file to your memory and the run it.

DestinedToFall
November 26th, 2006, 03:47
I've all ready updated to the newest firmware... Sorry I should have mentioned that in my first post. Commercial games work fine... it's just most hombrew apps give me a white screen... not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Moonshell is the only exception, I haven't been able to get Snezzi to work or the homebrew browser.

On A Side Note:
Is there a guide to get a back up copy of NDS Browser to work properly of the SC: L-R?

Junixx
November 26th, 2006, 04:51
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35296

Go wild.

I don't know if this supports SC:L-R, but its worth a shot i suppose... or you could try using a different build of the app/game (such as NOT sc.nds, rename .nds or .ds.gba)

DestinedToFall
November 27th, 2006, 00:22
Tried that app as it turns out... the SC rumble series isn't the same as the other supercards. It lacks the built in emulators and some sort of on GBA cache. So Snezzi and SNESDS won't work on it... At least no build I've found.

It has no GBA support what so ever... It would be cool if there was a GBA emulator for it that took full advantage of DS hardware. However; considering most flashcarts support GBA files, a GBA emulator will probably never happen.

The only hombrew apps that run on this will be the ones that utilize DS memory ie (SNEmul). It won't be a problem in the future since most homebrew apps utilise DS hardware.

Anyway that's my conclusion to this little problem of mine. If anyone knows better please let me know.