PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 at Full speed?!

smoky
November 26th, 2006, 04:25
Okay so I've been hearing alot about " putting cpu at 800% and makes FF7 run near fullspeed " well.. What is this CPU %?.. I have no Idea what it is, If anyone knows what this is can anyone tell me ( as well as countless others who have been asking over and over again ) what it is? and just HOW can we do it?.. as far as I know.. I thought you could only overclock the psp in MHz?:confused:

AtariFreek
November 26th, 2006, 04:51
When running FFVII in PS1P just hold down L and R and press up to change the psx emulation speed to 800%.

Cheyzak
November 26th, 2006, 14:53
When running FFVII in PS1P just hold down L and R and press up to change the psx emulation speed to 800%.
WTF? You aren't serious, right!?

Zion
November 26th, 2006, 14:57
thats how its done :p

If only the shagging memory cards would work for ff7 :(

x-zero
November 26th, 2006, 15:09
I really hate FF7 i just dont understand why people like this kinda shitty game.

toto
November 26th, 2006, 15:22
well it isn't totally full speed because it depends on where you are in the game.

For example in the map screen where everything is in 3D it's a bit slow even in 800% CPU

but it's playable!

Zion -> memory cards do works !
They must be named mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr and must be put in the directory __SCE__ps1p

Cloudhunter
November 26th, 2006, 15:29
I really hate FF7 i just dont understand why people like this kinda shitty game.

Off topic...

But anyhow, the % isn't in the PSP processor terms.

You CAN'T overclock the PSP. Even when you have it at 333Mhz you are in fact running it at its factory speed.

Cloudy

x-zero
November 26th, 2006, 16:26
Off topic...

But anyhow, the % isn't in the PSP processor terms.

You CAN'T overclock the PSP. Even when you have it at 333Mhz you are in fact running it at its factory speed.

Cloudy

No no no!! I HATE FF7 i can care less if it runs at full speed or not!!

Adamuko
November 26th, 2006, 16:32
I don't blame you. FF7 is just a big fanboy game no one really likes it, they just think they do ;)

Cheyzak
November 26th, 2006, 16:36
What's the deal with this 800% CPU? How does it work? Does it work on other games too?

bullhead
November 26th, 2006, 16:43
No no no!! I HATE FF7 i can care less if it runs at full speed or not!!

Nobody cares that you don't care! So you're not a fan, some people are...

bull, x.

vash1122
November 27th, 2006, 01:37
Is it really running full speed for you guys? I'm at Tifa's bar and I set the CPU at 800% but the game is really laggy (it takes about a second for the game to react to my input). Any idea what's wrong?

Tetris999
November 27th, 2006, 04:12
well megamanX4 kinda runs well i think 70% fast not full speed the emu needs just a widdle tweak and i bet it would be 100% full speed

cha0ticbliss
November 27th, 2006, 04:18
hmm... 70% is enough to get me to try it out. I've heard that this game has a good story, but I never played it yet.

x-zero
November 27th, 2006, 06:00
Nobody cares that you don't care! So you're not a fan, some people are...

bull, x.

I posted this thead to the coder not to you or someone else. I really dont want him to spend all his time on FF7 im just trying to make a point here. There a lot of great game out there for the PS1 like Resident Evil,Resident Evil 2,Metal Gear Solid and so on. I will give him two thumbup for what i have seen lately on the PS1P speed. Remember that this emulator is just and alpha and already has a bright future.

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 06:50
the CPU speed percentile adjuster is for smoothing/speeding up emulation. Its like a frameskip or a Vsink. The emu is already running at 333mph i belive.

x-zero
November 27th, 2006, 15:26
the CPU speed percentile adjuster is for smoothing/speeding up emulation. Its like a frameskip or a Vsink. The emu is already running at 333mph i belive.

I see setting it at a certain frequency makes the game play much faster.

bullhead
November 27th, 2006, 17:09
I posted this thead to the coder not to you or someone else. I really dont want him to spend all his time on FF7 im just trying to make a point here....

Oh! You were talking to the coder? Right I see now, my most sincere apologies. It just seemed you were butting in to be a douche-bag flavoured moron, and say you hate FF7 for no reason.:) Saying things such as;

"I really hate FF7 i just dont understand why people like this kinda shitty game."

and this;

"No no no!! I HATE FF7 i can care less if it runs at full speed or not!!"

The above quote was actuallay directed at my lovely cloudhunter, who happens to be, "someone else" and not the AC as you tried to tell my good self.

You did not post this "thead", you posted IN it. This "thead" was started by a member calling himself "smoky."

By the way, yes I am a really good person and I consider myself pretty damn awesome. However if I am out of line, I am truly sorry for any distress caused. I would also like to take this space to correct your grammar, but I won't, because everybody does it. I love you x-zero, I really do. ;)

I would like to see GTA and GTA2 and warhawk and FF7 running. I don't think he is going to focus on getting FF7 to work only, he didn't say he was, or rather Wraggs didn't say he was.

bull, x.

Tetris999
November 27th, 2006, 22:47
Oh! You were talking to the coder? Right I see now, my most sincere apologies. It just seemed you were butting in to be a douche-bag flavoured moron, and say you hate FF7 for no reason.:) Saying things such as;

"I really hate FF7 i just dont understand why people like this kinda shitty game."

and this;

The above quote was actuallay directed at my lovely cloudhunter, who happens to be, "someone else" and not the AC as you tried to tell my good self.

You did not post this "thead", you posted IN it. This "thead" was started by a member calling himself "smoky."

By the way, yes I am a really good person and I consider myself pretty damn awesome. However if I am out of line, I am truly sorry for any distress caused. I would also like to take this space to correct your grammar, but I won't, because everybody does it. I love you x-zero, I really do. ;)

I would like to see GTA and GTA2 and warhawk and FF7 running. I don't think he is going to focus on getting FF7 to work only, he didn't say he was, or rather Wraggs didn't say he was.

bull, x.

Yay for the first time he wasnt argueing with me

and why do i always get a sad and happy feeling when reading what u say zomg ure confusing me!!

Apoklepz
November 27th, 2006, 22:52
FFVII at full FPS?...No such thing. Not yet, at least. Check out the battles if you don't believe me. If it wasn't for the nice looking battles the Game blows anyways...

x-zero
November 28th, 2006, 00:59

and this;

bull, x.

We are all here to communicate and helping each other
not to write a paragraph. And i prefer to be like not on less you are a gril.:)

AtariFreek
November 28th, 2006, 01:15
Calm down. I told you what it meant this thread is now dead.

x-zero
November 28th, 2006, 04:20
Calm down. I told you what it meant this thread is now dead.

Sorry AtariFreek i will calm down now.:o

danurban
November 29th, 2006, 21:52
The game will run at playable speed but not near full speed. Fast enough to play but boss battles take FOREVER.

johnny11358
November 30th, 2006, 04:13
i was playing suikoden its so laggy =(

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 13:46
^ ^
Yeh because its still first release

Festizzio
November 30th, 2006, 16:18
There's no way FFVII runs even close to full speed on this emulator, I don't know why everyone say it does. :confused: Also, I fail to see how someone can "hate" any game, especiall FFVII. So you don't like it, big deal, but hate is such a strong word. :)