PDA

View Full Version : (Almost) A release date for iR Shell 3.0

jak66
November 26th, 2006, 21:18
OK, After a bit of looking around on th iR Shell forums i found that the new iR Shell is gonna be released soon.

iR Shell public will be out within this week.

With all the news about PS1P and 2.71 SE-C/HenD i thought this week couldnt get better, but ahman has proved me wrong:thumbup:

splodger15
November 26th, 2006, 21:21
This is good

cha0ticbliss
November 27th, 2006, 03:41
Ooooh another iR Shell...... maybe i'll be able to get wifi workin with this version..

Tetris999
November 27th, 2006, 03:45
cool and wifi works with any versionman u just gotta be very persistent

cha0ticbliss
November 27th, 2006, 03:59
heh... I was. I even got a programmer who created an installer for Nethost to try and help me out and he was stumped. This is of course after 3 other tries. I opened up ports, enabled static IP which I don't think you need anyway...

The best he could tell me is that there is something wrong with the connection.

I don't have a firewall in my router or computer.
The default/set port is open
I did have static IP set-up while testing it out (tried enabled and disabled)
router has functioning wifi. (no problem with internet portable vnc etc.)
All the settings are correct in iR Shell
PSP host is running and has the most up to date files in it (wifi mode enabled)
I have the directory set up for the psp

m0th
November 27th, 2006, 04:12
If you couldnt get wifi working with the last version, I doubt ahman fixed something that was never broken to begin with. Trust me, there's nothing wrong with the wifi. Need help IM on aim: engeltek and ill see if I can help you as I got it working.

I really really hope they added an auto scan for the ir remote feature and mp4 support, converting to PMP is a pain.

cha0ticbliss
November 27th, 2006, 04:16
:O autoscan? That would be nice....

I might try to figure out this wifi thing later this week. currently I am working on a mic mod.

jak66
November 27th, 2006, 07:44
i dont think he added auto scan, but the few things i remember is that he added the ability to change to level 4 brightness, mute audio (so, turn off music in game, not sure about homebrew, if you want mp3's playing in background), keypad redirecion, and lots of other stuff

m0th
November 27th, 2006, 07:51
i dont think he added auto scan, but the few things i remember is that he added the ability to change to level 4 brightness, mute audio (so, turn off music in game, not sure about homebrew, if you want mp3's playing in background), keypad redirecion, and lots of other stuff

ZZZZZZZZzzz.... {snore] ... ZZZZZ. Huh? HUH?! oh I musta fell alseep reading the possible enhancements(?) of irshell.... zzz.. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ {snore]

scottyboynow
November 29th, 2006, 15:49
Support for 2.80 would be nice

nemoseiya
November 30th, 2006, 02:58
what is IR shell?

cha0ticbliss
November 30th, 2006, 03:28
It is a versatile app that you can... do a lot of stuff with. I'm sure someone else could elaborate more, but here are the features i find interesting
-manipulation of psp files
- launching of homebrew from the app
- music playback while in homebrew or backed up games
- using your hard drive as a memory stick through usb or wifi
- control devices like your tv or air conditioner if u find the right codes for it

nemoseiya
November 30th, 2006, 04:13
ohhh really!! Thats AWESOME!!!