PDA

View Full Version : Does PS1P have a dynarec?

Tetris999
November 26th, 2006, 22:03
you know that thing (im no coder) which is supposbly something that makes emus a lot faster i was wondering if the PS1P have the dynarec working for it

if it doesnt SWEEEET because when its enabled for sure games will go fast with sound and evrything

GJ ON THE EMU AC!!

splodger15
November 26th, 2006, 22:04
I think it may have i am not sure

DPyro
November 26th, 2006, 22:11
No..

splodger15
November 26th, 2006, 22:12
^ ^
There you go theres your answer

Tetris999
November 26th, 2006, 23:51
kk so when its enabled were soon to see full speed games yay!

gunntims0103
November 26th, 2006, 23:54
not nessesarilly some coders actually get lucky if the dynarec speeds up emulation. In theory it should but not always. It is also very difficult to input a dynarec if you are not a skilled coder. I think dynarec fits well if you creating a emu from the ground up to fit a certian hardware. In AC case it should speed up emulation. As sttrrnmm said a dynarec doesnt always increase the speed of emulation.

Tetris999
November 27th, 2006, 00:00
hmmmmm for a lua coder you know ure stuff

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 01:05
I think it should be safe to say that AC is working on a dynarec. I dont think he'll get one fully done on the first try but he will probally have a incomplete version of one. The best thing that i think to do when emulating especailly when your creating a emu from the ground up and not porting one is to set up a JIT (just in time) This allows you to convert MIPS at a fast rate giving you near perfect speed during emulation. The dynarec would help in this case as well. Also catche file would help like NJ's approach it allowed us to have a file where the emu reads from to also speed up emulation. I dont think you can do that with ps1 emulation though, I could be wrong.

Also the way you set up the power speed of your emulator. I dont exactly know whats the difference in AC's approach as implamenting a CPU speed adjuster from the psp's clock speed but im guessing that as soon as you go into ps1p its already at 333mh. The CPU speed adjuster is probally like a frame skip. To smooth out or speed up emulation.

The biggest problem that AC would have to tackle is probally his emu's ability to handle giant sized iso's. This may be easy i dont fully know all the spec's on this so i could be wrong.

cha0ticbliss
November 27th, 2006, 04:24
I thought that a dynarec was in the making for Dadaelus until I heard the bad rumor that it was trashed... too bad, because the files are small and they were making pretty good progress.

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 04:28
I thought that a dynarec was in the making for Dadaelus until I heard the bad rumor that it was trashed... too bad, because the files are small and they were making pretty good progress.

A dynarec was all ready in place in daedalus. It was just incomplete and needed work. His dynarec was the best iv seen for a emu on the psp it had the best progress if he sticks with it i belive he can achive great speed.

gunntims0103
November 27th, 2006, 06:58
this is some more dynarec informayion that i though would help.

In computer science, dynamic recompilation (sometimes abbreviated to dynarec) is a feature of some emulators and virtual machines, where the system may recompile some part of a program during execution. By compiling during execution, the system can tailor the generated code to reflect the program's run-time environment, and perhaps produce more efficient code by exploiting information that is not available to a traditional static compiler.

In other cases, a system may employ dynamic recompilation as part of an adaptive optimization strategy to execute a portable program representation such as Java, Corn or CLR bytecodes. Full-speed debuggers could also utilize it to reduce the space overhead incurred in most Deoptimization techniques, and many other features such as dynamic thread migration.

This would greatly benifit ps1p. At the same time it may not always speed emulation up. It should however speed the emulator due to it being coded and fitted to the psp's specifications.

--sorry browser double posted--