PDA

View Full Version : PS1P ccd/img to Z or ZNX

Shuin0
November 27th, 2006, 02:23
I've been working with some games for PSX that I have that are ccd/img files. The img files work on the PS1P emu but when I use PocketISO 2.0 to make them into Z or ZNX the games will not start. Anybody know of any other converts to make files znx or z or to get PocketISO to work?

*Edit*
Before anyone asks yes the table file is in there as well

Zeon
November 27th, 2006, 02:53
Use UltraIso to convert your ccd images into .bin and then use Pocket Iso to compress them. Or better yet open your image in IsoBuster then extract the first track (usually the only track) as a raw data and then compress the resulting .bin with Pocket Iso. Works like a charm for me.

EDIT: Oh by the way, a lot of games I tried using this method either don't work (psp shuts off at the loading screen) or simply freeze early into the game or at the starting logos, however quite a few I have tried do work, so I think it's safe to assume it's the emulator and not my method. It may be that all of the games you tried simply aren't yet compatible.

Shuin0
November 27th, 2006, 03:58
I see thk's for the tip. I was getting a little uneasy about the games not working in Z and ZNX. Glad it's not me that has the only problem. Good Thing to know early on as it can be fixed. Someone should start up a bug thread with the Emu if not alrdy done.
Keep up the good work AC.

Shuin0
November 27th, 2006, 04:02
*Edit*
By the way Zeon did your FFVII work as a Z or ZNX format? If not, could you give me a game that worked for you so I could try it out for myself and see if im doing anything wrong if it doesn't work.

Zeon
November 27th, 2006, 04:35
Actually I must apologize for misleading you, I forgot that I compressed some isos if they didn't fit on my stick and other not. I think the only compressed iso that worked for me so far was Tales of Destiny and it shut the psp down at the Namco logo. So it may work, but you're best bet it to rip audio/video out of the game if space is an issue and not compressing it. Actually Pocket Iso is quite buggy and I know of no alternative.

But the fact that Tales of Desting actually showed something while compressed means it may work, and I am also not operating on a optimal firmware (2.71 hen-c devhooked to 1.50) so that may factor into my problems with some games. I will try the working uncompressed games and compress them and see if they still work and post back. I haven't tried FF7 yet, sorry.

EDIT: I forgot I got one more compressed image to work and it was alundra, ripped it myself with my method and compressed to znx. So try that, I hope that helps you.

EDIT #2: Ok a .z compressed image of steel reign with audio ripped works so I think it is safe to say that compression does work, but may be buggy with some games(not entirely sure on that just a guess).