PDA

View Full Version : About Tweaking DoomPSPv005plus...

ChaoticInfinityX
November 27th, 2006, 05:37
I got into the whole Doom PSP thing when it first started with Lantus about a year or two ago... but I kinda fell outta the project for a while. I just DLed a copy of DoomPSP v005plus... and I'm happy at how far the game has come along since it first started out.

Anyway, I had a question about tweaking the settings of the code. Basically, I just want to turn the autorun feature off... without messing with anything else. Unfortunately, it seems I wont be able to make this kind of alteration without completely recompiling the code.

I was wandering what the easiest way of doin that is. I have a little C++ knowledge under my belt, enough to find the setting and make the simple change. But I am not familiar with compiling for the PSP, let alone recompiling a game like this without messing it up. I don't have any programming software on my PC at the moment, and since this a one time thing, I hope there's some simple executable I can use to compile without having to install a program or two.

So... yeah. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated... thanks!

ChaoticInfinityX
November 28th, 2006, 07:46
Ha... well.. after some review of the code for the game I've come to realize that I'm outta practice when it comes to coding so modding even something as simple as the autorun setting turned out to be pretty complicated.

I guess I'll just scrap this little project, unless someone out there can works their skills.

Thanks anyway.

Be3f
November 29th, 2006, 15:19
There is an avanced homebrew PSP-SDK at xoloser.com

One tweak, that I need in PSP-DOOM 0.5+ is brightness. It's forced as "3", but it's IMHO too bright, and I want to play in the default dark "0"...

Sharkey
December 19th, 2006, 23:45
Too bad there was an full config file that you could just easily edit with wordpad. I like those. ;)