PDA

View Full Version : PS1P/PSX-P : why not a common directory for BIOS and ISOS ?

hlide
November 27th, 2006, 12:40
Hi,

first, I want to say that I find this war between PS1P and PSX-P very futile. We'd better have two PS emulators and choose one which fits the best for a game.

There is a thing that annoys me : we cannot share the bios and the images because of their personal layouts, forcing us to duplicate them.

I have in mind to have this layout :

ms0/
..psp/
....game/
......ps1p/
...... ...
......psxp/
...... ...
..psx/
....bios/
......bios.bin // this one is a copy of one amongst :
......scph1001.bin // japanese bios
......scph7502.bin // US bios
...... ...
....iso/
......ff7.bin
......re2.bin
......rr1.bin
......rr2.bin
...... ...

I feel it more logical to separate bios and isos from the application. It would be great if PSXP and PS1P took the same layout.

Thx.

Deshevy
November 27th, 2006, 12:49
I dont understand why this would be necessary????????
Ps1P is the only ps1 emulator that can play something remotely playable so why would you want them to correspond with each other?????

delirumhappy
November 27th, 2006, 13:09
I dont understand why this would be necessary????????
Ps1P is the only ps1 emulator that can play something remotely playable so why would you want them to correspond with each other?????

True dat. Maybe the PS1P runs faster because it doesnt need to scan for folders all the time.

Veskgar
November 27th, 2006, 13:12
hlide probably knows things that we don't. Including what is capable which each emulator and what is being worked on in the future. He has been sharing dialog with quite a few prominent coders including Exophase.

I do get the file structure and think it would be a convenient way to store files for use with PS1 EMU's. Remember that there is also at least 1 other PS1 EMU project in development or planning. Separating the PS1 files from the EMU's would make it easier on future PS1 EMU projects.

Avenyet
November 27th, 2006, 13:14
True dat. Maybe the PS1P runs faster because it doesnt need to scan for folders all the time.

possibly but i can see the point in sharing files it would save space for one and when there both devloped to a playable stage i;m sure some games will play better on cetain emus

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 13:14
I dont understand how this made the main news???

A file structure would be good for any emulator but Im pretty sure the makers of PS1P and PSX-P already know this...

Tinnus
November 27th, 2006, 13:20
Anything posted in this forum becomes immediate news, and hlide has the power to do so because he's a coder. :)

Anyway, the idea seems good to me, although I don't use PSXP :p

Vega
November 27th, 2006, 13:27
Again... any improvements are great... but I fail to see how it is front page news. Maybe Im missing out on something here?

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 13:28
I didnt mean to sound bad on my last post anyway, just didnt expect to see this type of topic make it to the main news. I seen it around the forum talked about many times already lol...even before the release of AC's PS1P...

Personally Im not too bothered about the PS1 emulator at all, Every1 wants it for FF7...like people theres thousands more games to try you know lol. I have used the emulator (PS1P) and I have to say its very good, it made crash bash run at a considerable speed.

Hopefully we will hear more about the beloved N64 emulator Daedalus soon :)

andrewgabriel77
November 27th, 2006, 13:30
sounds like a good idea to me...or even better would be to put both emus in the same eboot and have config files to say what emu is used on what iso or bin, etc.

zodttd
November 27th, 2006, 13:59
I believe Hlide didn't realise that this topic gets its posts put on the news of the DCEmu network. I had the same problem when being upgraded to "coder" status. DCEmu gives a certain privledge to programmers that is unlike most other news portals.

Welcome aboard Hlide. :)

Briggzy11
November 27th, 2006, 14:02
lol I know I moderate several PSP & Gaming websites lol...

...Yeh good to see more coders getting privileges anyway :)

hlide
November 27th, 2006, 16:28
I believe Hlide didn't realise that this topic gets its posts put on the news of the DCEmu network. I had the same problem when being upgraded to "coder" status. DCEmu gives a certain privledge to programmers that is unlike most other news portals.

Welcome aboard Hlide. :)

I'm truely sorry. Zodttd is right. I didn't realise that topic would get my post put on the news :(((.