PDA

View Full Version : Review: Evolve Wild Jungle Edition PSP Faceplate

bandit
November 27th, 2006, 20:29
Evolve Wild Jungle Edition PSP Faceplate
Manufacturer: Talismoon
Site: Buy from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=bandit&prod=360-te3cf) (Cow Fur) / Buy from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=bandit&prod=360-te3lf) (Leopard Fur)
Price: $14.95

http://www.talismoon.com/version2/uploads/neo_bigimage_evolvejungle.jpg

Overview : With Talismoon range of Evolve 'Wild Jungle' edition for the PSP, gamers are treated to extreme levels of comfort thanks to a soft 'like fur' finish, as well as refreshing and unique new look. Xbox 360 controller come complete with everything needed for a pain-free install, and each fur faceplate pattern will be unique. Styles consist of a 'cow' or striking 'leopard' fur finish. Jungle Edition is also available for Xbox 360.

Quality/Usability : Packaging design is very thought out and cleaver. With the inclusion of an installation guide, torx wrench and screwdriver, installation would be very easy. The quality of build is top-notch. Talismoon has never disappointed anyone with their line of products. The face of the faceplate feels really nice. I guess its similar to like a fur coat but not as long. Not to mention, you dont have to worry about it shedding. The faceplate fits perfectly on the PSP without any problems. They also included a set of buttons to be used instead of the original PSP buttons. I personally prefer the original buttons but they dont as good with the faceplate. The feel of the buttons are great but thats just me.

Included:

1x PSP Faceplate
1x set of PSP diamond series buttons (original psp buttons can also be used)
1x optimal precision jeweler's screwdriver
1x illustrated installation diagrams
1x unique polishing cloth

Conclusion : The Evolve Wild Jungle Edition is a great product and unique as well. It has a nice feel to it so its not bothersome. Since its made of "fur", the only problem would be for those with sweaty palms. Would it smell? Getting stains on it and removing it would be hard as well. Besides that, this is a great product. I wonder if they would come out with a product with snake skin or something like that.

Images via comments

splodger15
November 27th, 2006, 22:30
I wouldnt buy it

yakumo
December 17th, 2006, 14:18
Too much ugly for me. The last color I liked from Sony was the camouflage one of solid snake, although silver one is not bad at all.

bandit
December 17th, 2006, 15:39
Yea, its funky looking but it actually feels great in the hands. At least its something unique and original.

Virus.exe
December 17th, 2006, 16:39
Now can we play games without our parents notice it, yay!
[/sarcasm]

Ichijoe
December 17th, 2006, 16:42
It might look & feel nice at first...

But, what happen s once Gamer-sweat starts to turn this Faux Fur dinghy and the adhesive starts to give up it's ghost?

How difficult would (will), it be to get the PSP™ clean again?! :confused:

This might be for someone whos' to Chickensh*t to swap out there Faceplate.
Or has a new and, pristine Faceplate and is looking to do something different.

I'd personally would like to see a Tiger or perhaps a Leopard Skin Faceplate replacement. :rolleyes:

gamerremag
December 17th, 2006, 17:45

But, what happen s once Gamer-sweat starts to turn this Faux Fur dinghy and the adhesive starts to give up it's ghost?

I'd personally would like to see a Tiger or perhaps a Leopard Skin Faceplate replacement. :rolleyes:

those animal rights people would pour paint on it anyway

bandit
December 17th, 2006, 22:32

Yea, thats what I said in the review. I personally have sweaty hands. Having the faceplate on the PSP didnt have any problems. The cow would show dirt since its white.

those animal rights people would pour paint on it anyway
If it was real fur...yes. But its not.