PDA

View Full Version : UMD composer

Project.funky
November 27th, 2006, 22:31
apparently a UMD composer reader ect has been leaked onto the internet, It's supposedly a product for game developers

Kramer
November 27th, 2006, 22:35
um old news and it's illegal so dont post a link to it.

mikebeaver
November 27th, 2006, 22:38
This is the full article taken from another web site not looked at the files yet so am unsure as to the significance of this yet."Somehow the PSP UMD Tools (also known as UMD Composer) used by licensed developers have apparently found their way onto the Internet this week. If you aren't sure what PSP UMD Tools are, they're the tools used by licensed developers in order to actually create PSP UMDs. The 10.8MB archive contains System File Editor v1.0, UMD Image Checker v1.10, UMD Image Generator v1.2.7, UMD Stream Composer v1.5, and UMD Stream Viewer v1.5. It's certain that the files have been leaked from the official SDK.

With these applications you can create both PMF Files, and MPS (UMD Video) files, but as most of the release notes and readme's are in Japanese, you probably haven't got a chance making a UMD for yourself. The files all come packaged with PDF files that act as the readme files with instructions on how to use each of the applications."

Kramer
November 27th, 2006, 22:44
Yeah this news is months old.
What site is just getting this news?

Project.funky
November 27th, 2006, 23:00
well i felt dcemu wasn't giving me enough news :D, so i typed psp news on google, got some crap about paint shop pro :| then typed psp forums and got http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2669652

mikebeaver
November 27th, 2006, 23:21
Personnaly i was looking for a way to change fonts on SE-C ( which ive sorted now, yey) and it appears that this is VERY old news, before i even had my PSP!!