PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Emulator Help

PSPKing737
November 27th, 2006, 23:00
I am new to homebrew and I would like to know how can I run emulators on the PS2? Do I burn them to a CD or do I put them on the Mem Stick (or is it something else)?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 29th, 2006, 02:49
not too familar with ps2 homebrew, but u will either need a boot disk, or a modchip for sure. i recomend a boot disk. u should go to www.modchipstore.com and get the swap magic 3.6 set with slide card. not too expensive. im pretty sure u can burn them to a cd / dvd, or run them from your memory card. but u will probably need a memory card reader/writer

pibs
November 29th, 2006, 03:58
try the ps2 hdd, i think theres some bootdisk iso u can download online that boots to sum coding that allows u to read things from a custom hardrive on ur network adapter.

PSPKing737
November 30th, 2006, 00:20
Ok. What is this PS2 HDD? Can anyone give me a tutorial of how to install homebrew on the Memory card or HDD(like the Lua Player and Lua Games) and a tutorial of how to install the Emulators and ROMS to the HDD?

Knux896
November 30th, 2006, 01:47
not too familar with ps2 homebrew, but u will either need a boot disk, or a modchip for sure. i recomend a boot disk. u should go to www.modchipstore.com and get the swap magic 3.6 set with slide card. not too expensive. im pretty sure u can burn them to a cd / dvd, or run them from your memory card. but u will probably need a memory card reader/writer

There is another way to run homebrew on the PS2 via the Independence exploit. I used AR Max and a thumbdrive to put it onto a memory card and am able to run homebrew and emulators off of an old computer hard-drive I formatted for the PS2.

PSPKing737
November 30th, 2006, 03:22
There is another way to run homebrew on the PS2 via the Independence exploit. I used AR Max and a thumbdrive to put it onto a memory card and am able to run homebrew and emulators off of an old computer hard-drive I formatted for the PS2.

Yea. I know about the Independence Exploit. Can you tell me how to run the Homebrew off the hard-drive(I will use my PSP formatted with the FAT file system)? Do you think that AR Max works better than Codebreaker? Whats a thumbdrive? Edit: Heeeeeellllllppppp!!!! I copied the exploit file to the memory card but it won't load up the PS2 Menu apllication. It just goes to the PS1 game.

NoahKun
April 23rd, 2007, 01:16
I a newbie but i reelly want to know where to get a PS2 emulator