PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft already pondering 360 successor

gunntims0103
November 28th, 2006, 03:26
news via palgn (http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=Microsoft+already+pondering+360+ successor&id=6035&sid=dd92492ffc1f2bea0f83ad5de21eb349)

Claims MS bigwig, before laying into Sony. For a change.

Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's entertainment and devices division, has claimed that Microsoft is already thinking about the machine that will succeed the Xbox 360. "You know how these things work. The engineering team is always thinking about the future," replied Bach when asked by the San Jose Mercury News about Microsoft's next console. However, he was also keen to recognize the fact that, y'know, Microsoft has a console out now to worry about, adding that, "Currently, we're thinking about how to cost reduce the Xbox 360. That seems to be the first order of business."

That may be the first order of business, but goading Sony also seems to be high up on Microsoft's action plan at the moment. And, true to form, Bach had his own piece to say about Microsoft's fierce rival, which he described as being "spread really thin across all these areas. Trying to do PSP, competing with Nintendo, PSP to DS; competing with us, 360 to PS3, I think it does strain - it would naturally strain any organization."

Of course, Bach was rather more optimistic about Microsoft's chances over the Holiday season, proclaiming that, "The second holiday for Xbox 360 is set up right - we've got the quantities we need, we've got the games we need, and anything I do to distract those guys is probably a bad thing. You have to ask the question, over the life cycle, who has the cost advantage? Who can price most effectively? Who can reach the price points quicker? That has a huge impact on what gets driven."

More corporate cat fighting as it reaches our twitching ears.

ElRazur
November 28th, 2006, 12:55
I aint that surprised, at least it will keep the competition alive and this can only equates to good choice or choices for the consumers (gamers).

I wont be surprised if Sony is got plans already, even though they aint even started well on the ps3. It can only be right that companies of that magnitude think ahead.