PDA

View Full Version : Devhook - Help

M Dash
November 29th, 2006, 14:09
OK, so I've been trying to do something with devhook and Extreme Link, and I've been kinda unlucky... It's like this:

I got a game in my PC, and I want to play it using the USB mod of devhook. I only have a 32MB memory stick, so that's why I'm trying to do this.

I installed Extreme Link, followed the instructions and everything seems to run OK. Except one thing:

1 - I load devhook
2 - USB connects
3 - In devhook, I go to UMD -> Start Play
4 - PSP screen loads...
5 - Disconnects USB (auto)
6 - Reconnects USB (auto)
7 - Message appears: Game cannot start!

Now... Why is this happening?
Everything is properly connected...

There's only one sidenote.

This process is for 1.5 FW. And I got 2.71 Se-B''. But the thing is that I'm running this with the kernel 1.5 FW mode. So even being in 2.71 SE-B'', supposedly it should run, right?

Tnx for the help in advance! :)

mnuhaily22
November 29th, 2006, 15:14
You mean an ISO, whch is illegal?

M Dash
November 29th, 2006, 15:30
Don't do that...

You wish...

I'm not asking nothing about ISOs...

I'm asking about the process I said...

So please... If you can't help... DON'T post...

P.S.: I've been around here a LOT LOT longer then you... ok?

Me -> Join Date: Nov 2005
You -> Join Date: Jun 2006

So please... I know the rules way better than you...

At least I didn't "lost" my signature... loool

splodger15
November 29th, 2006, 16:22
P.S.: I've been around here a LOT LOT longer then you... ok?

Me -> Join Date: Nov 2005
You -> Join Date: Jun 2006

Yeh you may be there longer than him but he is on everyday Your not you only comeon for help with something

dejkirkby
November 29th, 2006, 16:41
There is no medals for how long you have been a member. This ain't PSP-Hacks or QJ you know.

M Dash
November 29th, 2006, 18:27
@ splodger15: first off... I've been around here every day... i just don't POST everyday.. second... I've NOW been around the PSP foruns.. because before i was ALWAYS in the Dreamcast foruns..

@ dejkirkby: I know... but it's not that... He was pushing me to talk about ISOs... which I KNOW it's not legal according to the rules... Sorry... But i don't like guys that don't help and are often searching to get others into troubles...

bah
November 29th, 2006, 19:26
Your asking about the process of loading an ISO from your PC through USB.

Talk regarding ISOs is not allowed, this includes the processes relating to running them, not just where to obtain the illegal images. Being a member a certain length of time does not somehow exempt you from this rule.

A 32mb mstick is large enough to hold devhook to emulate any UMD you care to purchase.

M Dash
November 29th, 2006, 23:55
Your asking about the process of loading an ISO from your PC through USB.

Talk regarding ISOs is not allowed, this includes the processes relating to running them, not just where to obtain the illegal images. Being a member a certain length of time does not somehow exempt you from this rule.

A 32mb mstick is large enough to hold devhook to emulate any UMD you care to purchase.

OK... One thing I'm confused... I'm asking about a process here??

NOT A ISO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

I'm talking about a process that Devhook makes! Not an ISO.
If you can't discuss a process of devhook, then devhook talk shouldn't be allowed!

I'm talking about "I'm having a problem loading WTF_IT_IS using my USB connection. can anyone help?"

Thta's the topic. No ISOs. No illegal stuff!
JUST A PROCESS!!

Video_freak
November 29th, 2006, 23:59
Yes, but the process involves an ISO being used. That might be why they thing its against the rules. As for your question, it might be a bad iso.

M Dash
November 30th, 2006, 00:02
Yes, but the process involves an ISO being used. That might be why they thing its against the rules. As for your question, it might be a bad iso.

ALELUIA! A member that understood me! :)

Hmmm... I don't think soo... Can it be those HEX values that we can select in devhook or somethin'??

What are those made for??

Or is it that this is ONLY for 1.5 FW??

I mean.. I'm in 2.71 SE-B''... It uses the 1.5 kernel mode.. So it should work right? :S

bah
November 30th, 2006, 08:34
Everyone who has posted understands you. You are either playing dumb or have no idea what 'no iso discussion' means. It is NOT limited to sources of ISO files but extends to all talk regarding how to make use of them in your attempts at piracy.

If you had the UMD you would have no need for the USB mod nor a larger mstick.

Devhook talk is allowed as long as it is regarding loading UMDs/the application in general.

You are specifically asking for advice on a process that allows you to run an ISO, what do you not understand?

GO ELSEWHERE FOR ISO DISCUSSION, or preferably BUY YOUR GAMES.

And dont insult other users for informing you of rules you have either not bothered reading, or choose to ignore.

M Dash
November 30th, 2006, 10:21
Everyone who has posted understands you. You are either playing dumb or have no idea what 'no iso discussion' means. It is NOT limited to sources of ISO files but extends to all talk regarding how to make use of them in your attempts at piracy.

If you had the UMD you would have no need for the USB mod nor a larger mstick.

Devhook talk is allowed as long as it is regarding loading UMDs/the application in general.

You are specifically asking for advice on a process that allows you to run an ISO, what do you not understand?

GO ELSEWHERE FOR ISO DISCUSSION, or preferably BUY YOUR GAMES.

And dont insult other users for informing you of rules you have either not bothered reading, or choose to ignore.

1 -> This IS a talk about the application in general... It's about a function of the application which I can't figure out how to make it work correctly...

2 -> If the application allows you to run ISOs, in the end, any help that you are asking about that application in general, WILL help you on running ISOs... Beeing the process for whatever is for, it doesn't matter, as long as ISOs are not talked about. AND I'm talking about a process!

3 -> I haven't insulted ANYONE!

bah
November 30th, 2006, 10:40
No, your question is directly and exclusively regarding the ISO loading capabilities of devhook. UMD loading talk is allowed, the USB mod has no purpose in this legitimate use of devhook. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ISOs.

You have insinuated that you are more knowledgeable than other about the rules of this site based on the duration of your membership and continue to imply you are not breaking them.

Read (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=80&a=7), learn and grow up.

Quote: "There is now zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO's. There is also zero tolerance on discussing how to attain and/or use ISO loaders. Even bringing up the topic of ISO's may result in action and the punishment may differ from case to case. Do not offer help for finding/using ISO's and illegal roms through our forums. Even if said discussion is done via email you cannot advertise such help on our forums.

- Devhook discussion is only allowed if your discussing the legal parts of it and more specifically the UMD-Only version by jas0nuk"

Stop claiming your question falls outside that restriction, as it clearly does not.

belialone
November 30th, 2006, 12:13
m dash just understand buddy
your question is clearly ISO talk
this is a respectable site they have a reputation to uphold
you wont find any help here
anyways there are psp sites that allow iso talk go there you might find what you need

M Dash
November 30th, 2006, 13:43
.... Very well...

I surrender to my stupidity ...

Sorry about any trouble... Didn't meant to...

:(

Close thread please.