PDA

View Full Version : If we get Devhook with 3.01 firmware.....

Mr.Denny
November 29th, 2006, 15:06
.....would the Official PSone emu even be on 3.01?

I mean, even if it was we`d need a PS3 but i`m sure someone could crack it to play our own backup ISOs.

Is this hoping for too much?

troom
November 29th, 2006, 15:41
one of my psp is at 3.01 and there is not even a icon that says psi emu there is how ever a icon that says remot play thats the one that connects to the ps3 but you realy cant activate that one unless you have a ps3 i think some one is going to have to dump 3.01 pull out the ps1 emu then recode it to work on other firmwares or dh but im not a coder so i could be talking out my arse.:D

splodger15
November 29th, 2006, 16:06
^ ^
Of course there isnt one that says PS1 emu but you can connect to your ps3 and play and play ps1 games

Mr.Denny
November 29th, 2006, 16:15
But, is the PSone emu on the actual firmware and just needs a PS3 to activate it?

splodger15
November 29th, 2006, 16:16
^ ^
Needs PS3 to run it

Mr.Denny
November 29th, 2006, 16:31
I know

However, would it be realistic to assume that it could indeed be cracked to use without needing a PS3?

splodger15
November 29th, 2006, 16:47
^ ^
Doubt it

Accordion
November 29th, 2006, 16:57
the official emu only plays, officially encrypted games, now unless we crack the encryption methods we wont be able to encrypt our own games and they wont work...even if it is possible to rip out the emu code...if it even exists in full wothin the firmware.

we havent been able to encrypt homebrew to play though the game menu on any firmware yet, so dont get ahead of yourself

DPyro
November 29th, 2006, 17:12
Each game is an encrypted Eboot, which needs to be downloaded from the PlayStation Store. PS3 is the only thing that has access to the PlayStation store thats why you need a PS3. As for the emulator, theres probably some prx files on the PSP that are required to run those Eboots after you've copied them from the PS3.

Mr.Denny
November 29th, 2006, 18:30
I see :)

Thanks for the great feedback!

potatoman
November 30th, 2006, 20:53
i thought that it was that u dwnload the ps1 game in eboot form to ps3, copy to psp in ms0:/PSP/GAME
and it runs just like a demo would... oh well, we dont need it we beat sony to it anyways, first with yoshiro's great app(V2 woo hoo!), then the new PS1P by anonymus coder. i still doubt sony emu will b @ full speed anyway, so i stick to what is in my sig
"the only way to beat sony is to join them..." Pfft. yeah right.

m0th
December 1st, 2006, 09:00
Ive kinda given up on a cracked 3.01 PS1 emulator. Sony made an emulator so why cant anyone else. It's only a matter of time when they're running at full speed. I havent upgraded my computer in a long time but I remember PC PS1 emulators were horribly slow, and tons of graphical glitches and stuttered sound. Now pretty much the same hardware specs but a year or 2 of updates, these emulators run near perfect once you have the most compatible plugins for your system and have them configured for best performance. I say give it time.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 09:08
Its not easy to crack a Sony PS1 emu

m0th
December 1st, 2006, 09:09
thats what I mean. Prolly be easier to make one from scratch that crack the one they have.

belialone
December 1st, 2006, 10:40
ok sony uses a encrypted file format so why do you need the original ps1 emu cracked
youll need a ps3, flatrate and money to obtain a game, a game you are allready have on cd(most of us got ps1 games)
i wont pay a second time for a game
im not into retro so i can wait for the fullspeed homebrew emus
i expect them to be released next year around end of summer

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 13:33
^ ^
We know all that

gamerremag
December 1st, 2006, 20:24
im sure that sony will make it so you dont have to have a ps3 to run ps1 games...they would lose so much money if they didnt, and we all know sony loves its money.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 20:33
You do have to have a PS3 to play it

gamerremag
December 1st, 2006, 20:43
right now yes, but in the future im sure they will do somehting about it.

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 20:46
I dont think they will

gamerremag
December 2nd, 2006, 23:40
why not? do you honestly think that sony would force people to get a ps3 to play playstaion one games? people can hardly afford to pay the $40-$50 usd (sorry i dont know what it is in pounds/euros) for psp games, so when a thing comes along so they only have to pay 5-15 usd for games that come from one of the best consoles (my oppinion), they have to pay an extra 500/600 usd to get them to just stream?