PDA

View Full Version : quick question about gpSP (no not a bios question)

Lunar_silence
November 29th, 2006, 16:51
i remember hearing about the gpSP being on the pc as well (yaknow like a gba emulator such as the VBA) anyways i was wondering a few things about it

1. is there really an gpSP for the computer and where can i download it

2. can it load save states from my psp?

3.is it up to date with the psp version?

thanks for answering if i dont post back soon just wait im on an off period at school right now

Lunar_silence
November 29th, 2006, 16:53
oh the reason for the savestates is because im playing summon nights 2 swordcraft story and i cant save my game only use savestates :(

DPyro
November 29th, 2006, 17:31
Have you tried saving the game, then loading the save game file?

Lunar_silence
November 29th, 2006, 19:29
no what i mean is the fact that it always says corrupt data when infact it isnt but vba doesnt recognize .svs(gpSP save state) it only recognizes .sgm(vba Save state)

Lunar_silence
November 30th, 2006, 02:18
please any help would wonderful a link or something please

Phobos666
November 30th, 2006, 02:32
I don't know if Exophase has actually released a version of Gpsp for PC, but I think he has one that he uses for development and such. As for the savestate thing, you might be able to find a converter to convert .sgm to .svs, or you could just try changing the extension manually and see what happens

Lunar_silence
November 30th, 2006, 02:53
thats true i dont know why but i didnt think of that but im not sure i think i have seen it somewhere i dunno maybe im crazy thanks for the idea XD but ill wait till i have more confirmations

Lunar_silence
November 30th, 2006, 03:02
ok you cant change the svs to sgm

Exophase
November 30th, 2006, 10:51
It's possible to build a PC version from the source..

Right now savestates from the PSP version will crash. And no, it's not really exactly synchronized with the PSP version, a lot of features don't really work on it.. compatability is a little different (depends on dynarec vs. interpreter there)

No real reason to want it, unless your computer is uber-slow.

Lunar_silence
November 30th, 2006, 16:41
wow im kinda honored a response from the creator but anyways yea i have noticed that but my pc can more than handle it but thats kind of odd maybe i will work on a save state converter or maybe find one somewhere just depends on how lazy i am ;) i dunno i just thought i saw a thread somewhere and do you know why my game wont save it just gives me the error gamesave failed and it only happens in mmbn6 and summon night 2 for me do you think it could be my bios? i got it from my friends gba he ripped it for me and sent me a copy of his (he did the same for his psp)
but other than that i dunno maybe im just sol when it comes to sn2 well i guess i just wait and see

Exophase
November 30th, 2006, 16:52
It's because there are bugs in the savegame handling that affect those two games. Wait for the next version.

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 17:15
Current version is V.good exophase thanks for working on such a great emu.Been playing advance wars 2 all week, no problems with it at all, id heard rumours of it not being compatible.

Lunar_silence
December 2nd, 2006, 04:19
lol just my luck thanks for the feedback exo!!!