PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean PSP screen

chrono75
November 30th, 2006, 18:44
I've always noticed that the PSP (original black,) has a nack for showing what appears to be alot of smudges and smears also, collecting tiny particles of dust. I have finished cleaning my PSP today and I was just wondering if anybody knows a good way to clean your PSP screen without scratching the screen. I use the good ol' exhale on the screen until it kind of gets "foggy" and then gently use a Kleenex to wipe the screen horizontally (When I clean vertically, I think it tends to scratch the screen easier. Once I accidentally made a scratch cleaning too hard this way.) :(
Does anyone else have any good ideas or procedures?

splodger15
November 30th, 2006, 18:49
I use the cloth that came with my Sony walkman phone its soft doesnt mark it either

scottyboynow
November 30th, 2006, 18:57
I thinks it's best to use a microfibre wipe these last forever and are smooth as silk so no more damaging of the screen. screen protectors work extremly good there about £2.99 for 3 protectors and they also throw in a free microfibre cloth. if you ever get any like small little circles (little lumps) on your screen and the rest of the PSP this is just dried on spit (from when you talk and play or are just breathing or when you open a can of beer and a little beer sprays out of the top straight on the PSP) Use a bit of Mr Mucsle Window cleaner ive used it on all my Handheld and my TV Screen. i give my PSP a treatment everyweek to get rid of those grubby finger prints. sorry about the long post but i like cleaning my psp

Apoklepz
November 30th, 2006, 19:30
a squirt of Windex and toilet paper...no scratches...works for me.

ExcruciationX
November 30th, 2006, 21:35
I've always noticed that the PSP (original black,) has a nack for showing what appears to be alot of smudges and smears also, collecting tiny particles of dust. I have finished cleaning my PSP today and I was just wondering if anybody knows a good way to clean your PSP screen without scratching the screen. I use the good ol' exhale on the screen until it kind of gets "foggy" and then gently use a Kleenex to wipe the screen horizontally (When I clean vertically, I think it tends to scratch the screen easier. Once I accidentally made a scratch cleaning too hard this way.) :(
Does anyone else have any good ideas or procedures?
I might need to consider this...

chrono75
December 1st, 2006, 05:26
LOL!
Damn I might try that windex shit first, but I've heard windex will ruin an LCD or plasma screen... **** it, if it did u probly wouldnt have said that unless u hate me :P
Awesome! Great information! This is why I love DCemu, no question goes unanswered here without explicit detail! hahaha, thanks guys! Now, if I can only get my ass out and get those screen protectors and microfiber wipes.

kpaul_nyc
December 2nd, 2006, 01:32
Use the microfiber swipe after spraying with a decent glass cleaner (not windex, works horribly for my actually). The best is black magic wet shine. It makes minor scratches invisible it's really awesome.

Basil Zero
December 2nd, 2006, 03:39
i use a soft cloth dipped in water a little bit than take some water out of the cloth and than clean my screen, works perfectly with no problems, "avoids anywhere else" lol