PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.80 - Flash0 Writing Confirmed!

rbervoets
December 1st, 2006, 08:21
Firmware 2.80 - Flash0 Writing Confirmed!

In the wake of the recent PSX-P emulator release, Kando has been running around like a chicken in an IRC channel, uncovering (and confirming) some new information. This new information comes a few days after Fanjita's new eLoader (v0.995) and xLoader, and you guessed it, it uses the new eLoader to accomplish its feat! This feat is none other than the writing to Flash0 on your PSP. As of right now, custom gameboots have been flashed to a 2.80 PSP using xLoader (custom gameboots are illegally made, so please do not distribute them here).

Kando used a certain program (which we will not reveal for the safety of our readers, bricking is highly possible) to read and write files to the Flash0 on his PSP! With flash0 access, the first thing that was tested was the gameboots, and it succeeded without any hiccups! You can watch a video of the custom gameboot below -

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Firmware-2-80-Flash0-Writing-Confirmed-/pg/49/aid/73458

So, now that we have this acccess, what can we do? With flash0 access, a user can create, and use custom gameboots, fonts, backgrounds and remove the signature wavy-thing on the PSP's XMB. As I am writing this article, several users (Freeplay, Jordan, Kando, NOPx86, vb_master, etc) are all discussing this new discovery and what they can potentially accomplish.

m0th
December 1st, 2006, 08:27
November 19th? how is this news?

belialone
December 1st, 2006, 08:36
huh what is he doing
looks like he is running a tiff exploit through the photo menu (maybe HEN for 2.80) to start pspfiler
nice work could be the beginning of 2.80 downgrader developement

the original post is from 19th nov?
i must have missed that

splodger15
December 1st, 2006, 08:47
We know this already

rbervoets
December 1st, 2006, 16:16
Oh... Soz i didnt see this on dcemu!

RocSqualie
December 2nd, 2006, 14:29
Some mods I did to my 2.80:
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-successfully-customized-my-280-81490.html

Upgraded from 2.71 because I couldn't do anything to the flash to personalize my PSP.