PDA

View Full Version : SNES ROMS on GBA?

d0nkeh
June 29th, 2004, 11:36
Hey,

I know you can get those cartriges with memory on them that allow you to play GBA ROMS on your GBA (incidentally - what are those called?)

I was wondering though... is there any way to put an SNES ROM on one of those, and play it on the GBA? I realize there would be keymapping problems... But perhaps someone out there has developed a program for this purpose...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'd love to be able to play Chrono Trigger and FF6 on my GBA =D

Cap'n 1time
June 29th, 2004, 14:25
There is a snes emulator but its not all that great yet. It has 3 games running perfect, but slowly.
I bought my cart on ebay for around <removed as i am not sure what currency you use>. XGFlash is a great one.

I also am looking forward to playing chrono trigger on my GBA *;D.

If you are looking at a handheld with a great deal of emulators i would go with the gp32 btw. The gba is no where near as powerful as that thing. it has a snes emulator running near perfect and a whole buch of other cool stuff. look into the gp32 before you buy a gba flash cart.

MasterMunt
July 4th, 2004, 12:09
Hi,

Recently I bought the EZFA 256mb cartridge for my GBA. Since I bought it, I have had SNES, NES, Spectrum and Master System games running on my GBA. I have to say, the snes was the worst. It cuts off a bit of the top and bottom of the usual snes screen (due to widescreen) and it ran sooooooo slow. I advise you not to get a cartridge for the SNES roms, but for everthing else you can do with it. ;D

swordstalker
July 28th, 2004, 12:53
i know that now you can pick up a few old snes rom for about £13 from all good games retailers
and also you can get a retro style gameboy for about £86

MasterMunt
August 1st, 2004, 15:01
The games you can buy are NES games, not SNES (thats if you are talking about the classics series with bomberman, and Mario ect.)

Eric
August 1st, 2004, 15:38
LOL you can buy Snes and Nes games from any store except stores like Futureshop,Zellers and other stores you probably dont know cause i live in Canada but if you have just a plain old video game store they have everything usually.