PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 se-c

one winged angel
December 2nd, 2006, 18:03
i am considering to install the custom fw but i was wondering if i installed it succesfully and i start an app that emptys my flash0 will i still be able to go in recovery mode?

ps: were is the recovery mode stored

splodger15
December 2nd, 2006, 18:07
Do you have recovery mode now

one winged angel
December 3rd, 2006, 11:47
no i probably get it i just wanted to know if my flash0 and flash1 were empty could I still start recovery mode and unbrick it

splodger15
December 3rd, 2006, 11:49
I dont think so because if Flash0 and Flash1 are empty recovery wont boot as everything would have been erased

one winged angel
December 3rd, 2006, 13:26
ok then i wont install se cause if there some app i downloaded thats erases my flash0 im still screwed
thx

psp fan
December 3rd, 2006, 14:44
Sorry to interupt but i dont want to crrate another thread for the same topic. i just wanted to ask how do i get back to 1.5 via 2.71sec recovery mode? thanks in advance

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 17:09
Sorry to interupt but i dont want to crrate another thread for the same topic. i just wanted to ask how do i get back to 1.5 via 2.71sec recovery mode? thanks in advance

I am having the same problem dude.

I was told the I could simply put the 1.5 eboot file in the PSP/GAME/RECOVERY folder and run it.

You get to recovery mode by holding the R button and then run the eboot from there.

I did and it just rebooted and nothing happened.:mad:

one winged angel
December 4th, 2006, 18:13
now i have installed sec and everything works:eek:
i was told that wenn 1.5 eboot doesnt work you should use the 2.0(or till 2.6) eboot and downgrade afterwarts

one winged angel
December 4th, 2006, 20:50
i cant get these prxs to work
help needed

mikebeaver
December 5th, 2006, 01:07
i cant get these prxs to work
help needed

lol, i been having the same probs mate.
The idea is to create a folder im "ms0\" called "seplugins" and then inside that folder add your prx's.
to get them to work you need to decide if you want them to run on the XMB ( VSH) or in-game (GAME)
then create 2 txt files, 1 called GAME 1 called VSH , in each of these place the line of code like this "ms0:\seplugins\your_prx_here.prx" adding a new line and a different name for each one you add.
Now hard off your psp, hold down the R trigger and power on, go to the " PLugins" menu and select your prx's.

It's very temperamental, when i first installed se-c they worked fine, now mine only work in the XMB so im confused, let me know how you get on.

Mr. Shizzy
December 5th, 2006, 13:12
now i have installed sec and everything works:eek:
i was told that wenn 1.5 eboot doesnt work you should use the 2.0(or till 2.6) eboot and downgrade afterwarts

1.5 eboots work. You must rename it from "eboot.PBP" to "update.PBP", then run it. ;)

one winged angel
December 6th, 2006, 18:04
lol, i been having the same probs mate.
The idea is to create a folder im "ms0\" called "seplugins" and then inside that folder add your prx's.
to get them to work you need to decide if you want them to run on the XMB ( VSH) or in-game (GAME)
then create 2 txt files, 1 called GAME 1 called VSH , in each of these place the line of code like this "ms0:\seplugins\your_prx_here.prx" adding a new line and a different name for each one you add.
Now hard off your psp, hold down the R trigger and power on, go to the " PLugins" menu and select your prx's.

It's very temperamental, when i first installed se-c they worked fine, now mine only work in the XMB so im confused, let me know how you get on.

well then we are 2 i just put them in there gta vcs doesnt work mp3 playback doesnt work nothing works :D

psp_sfdm
December 7th, 2006, 16:06
To get the plugins to work on 2.71 sec, do the following steps:

1. Make sure that the RECOVERY folder is in your PSP/GAME folder on the memory stick because when you reboot into recovery mode, you can enable/disable your prx modules.
2. Create a new folder called "seplugins" on the root of your memory stick.
3. Add your prx modules into the "seplugins" folder.
4. Go into your "seplugins" folder and create two new files called "vsh.txt" and "game.txt".
5. Before you edit the "vsh.txt" and "game.txt" file, make sure you know which prx modules can be run on the XMB (VSH) or in-game.
6. After you figured out the prx modules in step 4, use the following format for both the "vsh.txt" and "game.txt" file: ms0:/seplugins/<name of prx modules> (NOTE: <name of prx modules> = The name of the prx module you want to run on either the VSH or in-game)
7. If you want to add multiple prx modules for both the "vsh.txt" and "game.txt" file, repeat step 5 but add them onto a separate line.
8. After you're done editing the file, hold the power button until the PSP shuts off. Now, hold the R button and turn on the PSP. You should be in recovery mode.
9. In recovery mode, go to plugins and you will notice that all the plugins you added are disabled. Select the ones that you want to enable and exit the recovery mode.

I hope this helps and if not, you can always use the prx pack available here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44344

britishemo15
December 8th, 2006, 19:45
:confused: anyone no where the psp archive files are (the logs after data crashing)

i f***ed my psp yesterday its bricked updating to a replica sony site on my psp browser

ill cant tell you the web address coz i cant get 2 ma psp please help:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

ExcruciationX
December 18th, 2006, 17:30
:confused: anyone no where the psp archive files are (the logs after data crashing)

i f***ed my psp yesterday its bricked updating to a replica sony site on my psp browser

ill cant tell you the web address coz i cant get 2 ma psp please help:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

There are no logs for bricking. You're best bet now, is to get a modchip, to unbrick a PSP.

BTW, anyone that needs help with upgrading to 2.71 SE-C, I have created a tutorial to help people overcome their fear. The link is in my sig. There is also a pack that contains everything needed for install.