PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay Duo for Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance announced by Datel !

wraggster
March 21st, 2005, 17:07
News from <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3598&lsaid=219793" target="_blank" >Lik Sang</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE>Datel announced their first product for the Nintendo DS. The Action Replay Duo goes into the GBA slot of your GBA or your Nintendo DS and comes with a USB link and a Windows Software. The product is supposed to be out in a couple of weeks.

Here is some info from Datel about the device including screenshots:

This cool device slots into your GBA or the GBA slot of your DS and enables you to access cheats and manage game saves. It comes with a PC application which you can use to download cheats and saves from the CodeJunkies server to be transferred to your DS or GBA. Isn't it annoying how GBA carts usually only have room for one game save? Well, with Action Replay Duo you can back up your GBA and DS saves to the Action Replay vault itself, or on your PC. Great if you share your GBA or DS with your friends.

We'll have more detailed info on Action Replay Duo when it's released (within a couple of weeks), but in the meantime, why not feast your eyes on a selection of screenshots from the PC Application and the devices on screen display </BLOCKQUOTE>

Mental2k
March 21st, 2005, 18:45
Who shares a handheld console with their friends? if you do I really dont care! :p

GPF
March 21st, 2005, 18:51
News from <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3598&lsaid=219793" target="_blank" >Lik Sang</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE>Datel announced their first product for the Nintendo DS. The Action Replay Duo goes into the GBA slot of your GBA or your Nintendo DS and comes with a USB link and a Windows Software. The product is supposed to be out in a couple of weeks.

Here is some info from Datel about the device including screenshots:

This cool device slots into your GBA or the GBA slot of your DS and enables you to access cheats and manage game saves. It comes with a PC application which you can use to download cheats and saves from the CodeJunkies server to be transferred to your DS or GBA. Isn't it annoying how GBA carts usually only have room for one game save? Well, with Action Replay Duo you can back up your GBA and DS saves to the Action Replay vault itself, or on your PC. Great if you share your GBA or DS with your friends.

We'll have more detailed info on Action Replay Duo when it's released (within a couple of weeks), but in the meantime, why not feast your eyes on a selection of screenshots from the PC Application and the devices on screen display </BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds neat, i wonder if it can be used somehow for homebrew, in conjuction with a passme :)

ptr.exe
March 24th, 2005, 17:43
Who shares a handheld console with their friends? if you do I really dont care! :p

On some games it would be useful to be able to have more than one save, but i dont really think people share handhelds. It's probably more so you can download a save of a game with all extras and stuff unlocked.

Im surprised (sp?) that Datel are still making stuff, all their products i've bought in the past have been of bad quality, and there cheat carts/discs are well known to screw up saves.

Hawq
March 24th, 2005, 18:43
Never had any trouble with em here, perhaps you've been unlucky with em or is that I've been lucky with em?

Hawq
March 27th, 2005, 20:52
An update its out now here (http://us.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&p=17&i=8649&s=8)