PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of Darkness psp

dark heart
December 3rd, 2006, 11:48
Dawn Of Darkness for QUAKE2 psp

let me just remind you that people with memory sticks at 32 mgs won't be able to run this.

i really don't know that much about this game, i can't get it to work on the computer but i can get it to work o the quake 2 port. from the screenies i found it reminds me of morrowind, and a what a rare difference, a rpg single player quake 2 mod!

here's what the creator, says:

Dawn Of Darkness takes place in a long vanished world of mighty forgotten empires and magic. It is the tale of a once revered Lucitanian warlord, Roarke The Merciless, caught between his obligations to his family, his empire and his honor.

We originally began work on this total conversion in the hopes of selling it as an add-on for Quake 2 and to gain experience in creating basically a full length game. Alas, due to hundreds of problems, not the least of which is working virtually and completely without funding, we have been delayed for over a year now. 40 team members have come and gone along the way and several computers were broken, which we had to pay for ourselves which also added to the problems. In order to release something within a reasonable amount of time, we have cut the levels down to half as many as we originally planned. So what you are playing now is a condensed version of our original design. Along with the levels, we will release all the source code and assets so you can make your own ROLE PLAYING GAMES USING THE QUAKE 2 ENGINE. You'll notice we've implemented a full conversation/interaction system and a Game State Management system which allows events to be tracked between levels. It's basically a script-less system that allows almost all the functionality of scripted ones. This means even a lowly mapper can make cinematic-like RPG games, including 3pp cameras for cutscenes. This was all done without changing the Q2 .exe so you can legally distribute your creations.

We hope you enjoy what we've done and consider the limitations we've worked under. Dawn Of Darkness is a great game, but this TC is only a primitive example of what our vision for action-adventure gaming really is. If things work out as we plan, expect to see something truly stunning from Ward Six in the future, not the least of which may be a standalone version of Dawn Of Darkness using an engine specifically designed for the game.

TEAM
----

Design:

Alex Kazhdan, [email protected] - Director, writer, 2D art
Jason McIntosh, [email protected] - Producer, writer, webmaster
Marek Rabas, [email protected] - Code lead
Greg Tice, [email protected] - 2D art, concept art
Anssi Hyytiainen, [email protected] - Maps, placement, finishing

Code:

Dobes Vandermeer, [email protected] - Code, AI
Dino Morelli, [email protected] - Code

Maps:

Ben Glover, [email protected]
Cho Yan Wong, [email protected]
Brendon Chung, [email protected]
Pete Weatherby, [email protected]
Jerk Gustafsson, [email protected]

Art:

Mark Cuthbert, [email protected] - 3D art
Eric Spitler, [email protected] - 3D art
Tom Colby, [email protected] - 3D art
Andrew Belliveau, [email protected] - 2D art
Dan Marinelli, [email protected] - 2D art

Sound:

Glenn Fricker, [email protected] - Sound

Quality Assurance:

Josh McLean, [email protected]

Special thanks and greetings to the following people who contributed in one way or another: Christian Salyer, Dave McLean, Jonathon Moore, Jesper Myrfors, Luke Whiteside, Bobby Pavlock, Ty Smith, Ben Caston.

CONTACT INFO
---------------------------------

If you need to get in touch with us for some reason you can email us at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

If you are looking for hints or tech help, please do not email us, try the Dawn Of Darkness messageboard instead at:

http://www.dawnofdarkness.com/board/

Any patches or additions will be found at:

http://www.dawnofdarkness.com/release/

proudly brought to you by simon! (dark heart):)

download at, http://go.download.filefront.com/4055749;b29233e6d180308b;51a8e7ea4142652203421470d a0b2ecf8ce0013f94a8c1238729a8b6592f5724b722d5d4b5d e9852

SCREENIES------>

if you want to see the "proper" screenies from what the game will look like when mczoink finnishes quake2 go to:

http://mods.moddb.com/2516/dawn-of-darkness/image-gallery/

to install, download, and replace the 'baseq' file in your quake 2 psp folder with the baseq you will find in the 'intalled' dawn of darkness'

unfortunatly i couldn't upload it cos i couldn't compress it enough for the upload alowence.

now, it won't yet. it's now up to mczoink to finnish his great psp quake2.

and sooo... now we play, the waiting game...
waiting game sucks lets play hungry, hungry hippoes! lol:D

mcvader
December 3rd, 2006, 12:38
wow this looks great, make you're own RPG's with the quake 2 engine!?! I see a big DCEmu collaberation coming soon. I have yet to be beaten in a game of hungry hungry hippo's, hmmm that gives me an idea..... anybody intersted in a psp port of hungry hungry hippo's using the quake 2 engine with infrastructure multiplayer?? ;)

dark heart
December 3rd, 2006, 12:45
woooooooot! i wanna be the red one!
yer this is gonna be great when the final quake 2 pspcomes out, it got a 9/10, i looked for the best one i could find, ;)

this is verry exiting, it's the first time ive added to the community, and mabye i'll be upgraded, :cool:

oh and i think this was made for another engine but it got converted to quake 2

mcvader
December 3rd, 2006, 13:37
Whats that Half-Life icon in the pic of you're XMB??
Is there a Half-life port for PSP that I missed or is it another quake 2 mod??

I don't think the mod's will upgrade you for this tho, but when you reach 100 posts you'll become a Rookie :) I thought when I reached 200 I'd become a regular but I guess not. One day I'll have coder next to my name.....one day.

one winged angel
December 3rd, 2006, 15:23
hi guys sorry to disapoint you but i have spoken to mczonk and he thinks bad of the psp scene he said that he wont release quake 2 as it is now:( :( :(

rehbock
December 3rd, 2006, 15:55
hm the link doesnt seem to work and anyway aslong
you cant compile gamex86.dll for psp its useless to
dream of mods.

fabianvaz
December 3rd, 2006, 19:25
the link don't work also just put the site were we can just download it ...plz:(

dark heart
December 4th, 2006, 03:35
aah woops, just a minit peeps, i get it to work after school!:rolleyes:

EDIT-hang on, what are you talking about? the link works fine for me.

nevermind, i'll put up this link.

http://mods.moddb.com/2516/dawn-of-darkness/

there, just go to downloads on the top of the reveiw.

p.s what he gave up?? oh man! someone else, plz follow in his footsteps!!

Rehbok, oh no, it works it just can't handle much at the moment quake 2 psp is still verry incomplete. so someone finnish it for the community!!!

btw, mcvador hehehehe! i know that would set you off! no, thats a conversion i'm working on, i'm puting half-life onto quake 2, or 3 on sdk if i must...
if i pull it off i'll be top stuff!

dark heart
December 4th, 2006, 07:11
hey, so is this gonna be put up with all the other games??

Kramer
December 4th, 2006, 07:17
PM a mod and ask them to put it on the front page.

Kaiser
December 4th, 2006, 07:55
Created: 5/21/1999
Updated: 6/17/2002

Its a great mod and I'm glad its compatible with QUAKE 2 PSP but its not anything new. Nice find, but definatley not front-page material.

rehbock
December 4th, 2006, 19:13
Its a great mod and I'm glad its compatible with QUAKE 2 PSP

nope it isnt if you really try it it just loads the levels and the font and not the weapons... it uses weapons of original Q2.
ASLONG YOU CANT COMPILE GAMEX86.DLL FOR THE PSP MODS WONT WORK

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 20:05
You're making a Half-Life Mod for quake 2?!?! :) :)
Awesome, how far have you got?
I wish I could help with it but there's not much I could do anyway, I made a few half-life levels back in the day but I'm sure you made better one's :)

If you ever need a BETA tester I'd be more than happy to assist. Keep it up dude.

Is it a possibilty that GAMEX86.DLL would be able to get compiled on PSP in the future or did that die along with the quake 2 port.

It would be awesome to have a good 3d engine like q2 to work with, in my opinion thats the one thing that the PSP scene has been missing.

fabianvaz
December 4th, 2006, 21:58
thanx dark heart for the correct link !!! and keep working on half life for quake thanx:)
also do u need to download the 35. something mb

dark heart
December 5th, 2006, 00:22
umm wha? you... just download the one at the bottom,

and i think it would be a better idea to mesh half-life into the quake 3 engine, with sdk simply because it runs better so far.

i might ask for some help with the scripting if anyones interested?

kaiser: oh? never mind i tried my hardest, but you can't turn down half-life when it comes out can you?

also, i will need help with converting, if anyone happens to know of a bsp type converter i'm all ears, you wouldn't belive how hard it is trying to get a converter to do what i want.

fabianvaz
December 11th, 2006, 01:33
can i get a walkthrow to this cause i can't install it plz tell me step by step.

Gabba Gandalf
December 11th, 2006, 18:35
how do i install it

EDIT

there is only a black screen and the flashing light blinks and if i press X there is a little stripe down at the display

fabianvaz
December 11th, 2006, 22:31
forget it i just learn but i have 1 problem it keeps frezing after i start the game it goes in but then frezzes???

dark heart
December 18th, 2006, 01:29
sorry about neglecting the thread, it won't work untill the next quake 2 is released and that might incude me asking people to help with the project.

and you know what i think? i just don't see how someone can start off something that could be the verry best port on the list and then let it dye, and everyone's hopes are up that it will get done but even when i emailed him to ask him if i could ask others to help i got ignored, so i can't really see this happening...

if it does somehow get finnished, you can bet i'll be working hard to put half-life onto quake 2, cos i am really getting sick of trying to get it onto lte.