PDA

View Full Version : PRX issue's

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 01:20
Have been running PRX's through DA's custom SE-C and have had no problem up until now.It would appear that no metter what i do, i cannot get them to run in game, but they work on the XMB ( oc.prx brightness mod etc) this is strange as they were working and now they dont ! ! !
Has anyone encountered this problem ?
The only thing I have done different to normal is run the 3.0 emulation through Devhook a couple of times to see the visualiser, but i dont think this would have caused a problem, would it?
any help, gratefully accepted, ta ...mike

V3N0M
December 4th, 2006, 01:35
I've also expierenced the same problem. I would think it will be fixed in later releases.

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 01:38
is it to do with running the 3.0 software? if it is surely i could re-flash se-c and it should work, no?
what had happened before you realised you were experiencing a problem? did you use fw 3?

V3N0M
December 4th, 2006, 01:44
is it to do with running the 3.0 software? if it is surely i could re-flash se-c and it should work, no?
what had happened before you realised you were experiencing a problem? did you use fw 3?

Nope, I haven't messed with the 3.0 firmware. So that can't be the reason. The only thing i did before it started happening was update to 2.71 SE-C.

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 01:48
damn, i had them working in se-c, hadnt tried them before. did you flash them or trying to run from MS? as i said, i had them running sweet, speed hacks for gta, cheat system the works, but now stuff only works on the XMB, which is kinda useless, lol.
I'll ask a friend on here, he's got the same set up and has been experimenting with the devhooked 3.0.im just a bit worried as i dont know how to get recovery to work, if i did i could go back to 1.5, back up to se-c and see if that works.

V3N0M
December 4th, 2006, 02:08
Well I have been running most of my prxs from the Memory Card. But anyways I'm sure there will be an easy solution to this problem. Oh and you access recovery mode by holding down the "R" trigger when booting. From there you can run an update or re-flash se-c. Change settings all that good stuff. By the way recovery mode is a good thing to have. I've saved my psp from brick because recovery mode. But anyways I’m not to worry about it. I’m sure it will be fixed soon. It’s probably just a bug in the firmware.

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 09:13
cool, thanks Jman. I know how to get to the recovery mode, im just not sure about setting up the eboot and the recovery folder within it, will look into it.

jak66
December 4th, 2006, 16:53
You do realise you can reflash SE from the XMB dont you (unless you bricked your PSP), just like how you upgrade from any previous SE release to SE-C.

Now before you go and reflash your PSP, try reinstalling the seplugin folder (delete the old one, then make a new one, with newly downloaded prx's and new txt files) and see if that works (and dont forget to enable the plugins in the recovery menu again).

Musoka_Eimin
December 12th, 2006, 00:56
just so everyone knows, same problem. tried reinstall it all, flashed recovery, still broken on game side. dont understand why it stop working. I tried all i can think of. someone help us out please!

-=me=-
December 13th, 2006, 02:41
omg same here, i really want my cheat device.

i think it has to to with the blue screen of death- Flash1 corruption

SuNnY_B
December 13th, 2006, 03:00
my psps now bricked because of the quick reboot prx.. iv reflashed all the 1.5 & 2.71 system files possible from the Se-C recovery mode and the "recover to 1.5" still doesnt work let alone my XMB menu or anythin else! iv bricked my psp few times b4, and flashing this prx has seemed 2 completely mess up my psp now! erm any help 2 try help me any1? would b appriciated. iv tried tht wifi switch on trick 2...

Gizmo356
December 13th, 2006, 03:01
it never worked for me

mikebeaver
December 13th, 2006, 10:13
if you can still get recovery mode working (blue screen etc) then you should be able to run the 1.5 eboot.pbp.
just get the psp in USB mode, put the 1.5 eboot in the recovery folder and rename it "update" along with all the files that are in the folder to start with you should have 5 files.now go back and run the recovery process to give you a crisp 1.5 again.

SuNnY_B
December 13th, 2006, 15:29
mikebeaver did u read what i said.. the recovery to 1.5 doesnt work for me i tried several times by using the recovery folder from a full SE-C installer. the screen just goes blank! iv always recovered my psp like this from a brick it aint having it now.

scarph
December 13th, 2006, 22:34
sucks to suck

mikebeaver
December 13th, 2006, 23:45
Sorry to hear that man, i only said because a lot of people are not clued up on the recovery mode.best of luck with finding a solution, i cant think of anything im affraid :(