PDA

View Full Version : OpenSnes 9x to Dreamcast

wraggster
March 21st, 2005, 17:54
Would Yoyos SNes emulator for the GP32 be a better emulator to port over to get a near full speed emulator ?

http://yoyofr.fr.st/ its open source

WHurricane16
March 22nd, 2005, 00:58
I honestly haven't been following the GP32 scene that much, but this code utilizes assembly calls. I really don't follow much like I used to so I have no idea if the GP32 use a SH-4 processor. Smack me, I should know but I glance over news on these DC sites now :D

EDIT: Take it back, looks like it's actually making 65c816 cpu calls. I guess a DC specific 65c816 core would have to be written. Just my guess, I hope someone with a bit more knowledge can answer this :D

quzar
March 22nd, 2005, 04:21
no real point. although there IS already a DC specific snes core. there is no real point to doing this since it is already based on the same code as DSNES and SFC. I think it would be much more productive to get together the full source code of DSNES and compile it with the newest gcc, bintools etc.

obelisk
March 22nd, 2005, 04:53
No lies, no front, i don't know jack 'bout programming, or coding, but what quzar said sounds good. would/ do the new gcc, and bintools have things that may enhace this?

fackue
March 22nd, 2005, 06:52
The DreamSNES team was planning to release the source, right? I wonder if they can be persuaded into releasing it now.

quzar
March 22nd, 2005, 07:00
They released the dreamcast portions, but i dont know that they released the whole thing. that is, the released what they wrote for it, but i'm not sure that they released everything used for it, so it would probably require work and such =P.

scrabbus
March 23rd, 2005, 10:29
I agree with Q, The DSNES core is the best way to start, its just a matter of wether or not the dv team would release the source code etc. I myself would like to see it and would give my support to the project 100%. The thing is here is that I have been on the scene since the DC was released, and since DSNES was released the stories that I have heard border on the amazing tales type!!! I have never in all my life seen so many unfounded rumours about one piece of soft. Its hopeful however to know that the Dev's have already stated that if enough people want it done they would release the source code et al. SO....Why dont we get ourselves a little petition, its the best way to show support, How about it Wraggster??? I could help theres nothing much happening in Newcastle at the minute