PDA

View Full Version : Civ is perfect for DS

wraggster
December 4th, 2006, 15:51
We've spent the last few weeks hammering the awesome Age Of Empires on DS. And with the touch screen, strategy games are a no-brainer on Nintendo's handheld. We just need a lot more.

Firaxis' Sid Meier has come to the rescue. While not confirming a DS version of click-'em-up Civ is in the pipeline, he recently told Gamespot "If we can deliver a fun experience to the players on the DS, then we'll do it. We're still in the exploratory mode."

Other console could also be getting the Civ treatment: "I think the latest consoles have the processing power to deliver fun experiences with the bigger strategy games," added Meier.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=150333)

mcvader
December 4th, 2006, 17:48
A PSP port of CIV IV would be great, I regulary play the original on the castawayPSP atari ST emu which is identical to the PC version but the constant disk swapping is annoying. If a DS port is in the works I might get a DS just for that.

Veskgar
December 4th, 2006, 20:28
These types of games tweaked for the DS is really good news.

As I said in the Theme Park thread..... I hope X-COM UFO DEFENSE gets the DS treatment sometime.

Shadowblind
December 5th, 2006, 04:38
YES IT IS ABOUT FRICKEN TIME CIVILIZATION WENT HANDHELD!!!

But I do really hope he decides on making the original Civilization: Call to Power the game he ports. Not only is it still entertaining to this day (it was made in '97, I think) It is one of the only few games that had both very good gameplay and graphics, choices and everything, but it also went far into the future. I've probably spent 500 hours playing that game :)

Sid, you made the right choice.